Looking for other Glassmaster boat owners..

bluethunder01071973

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Looking for other Glassmaster boat owners..

im new to the boating also and i just bought a glassmaster and i would upload pics but dont know how to do it. but from what im told it is a 69 and not sure of model and would like some help if u all can. hull number is 97247XF
and i bought it totally stipped out so i dont know what to do from here. plse help and plse e-mail me and ill send u pics of it.
bluethunder01071973@yahoo.com

bass chaser

Recruit

Nice Glassmaster. I just bought a 66'. She needs some work but in fair condition. Has a merc 1100. It's my first boat so I'm going to restore her completly. I'm in Va. home lake is Smith Mountain Lake. Once up and restored maybe I'll see you on Kerr. And remember you are not alone I just found this site. There are others like us in Va. Couldn't get my pictures to load will try again.

kbpc

Recruit

About 5 years ago while looking for a replacement boat, I came across a 1984 185 I/O Glassmaster that was very clean. It looked good, ran well and was the quietest running boat I have ever seen. I bought it and have enjoyed it every since. When it is ideling at that dock people don't know its running. It has the OMC outdrive with the rubber seal around it and not hard mounted to the transom. I have very little problem with it but it wasn't a great design and the rubber is prone to cracking. The motor mounts couple the entire drive train to the hull, and when they fail, interesting things happen.

Overall I am really happy with the boat. We use it for skiing mainly and some cruising. Although I live in Panama City Fl., I use the boat exclusively on fresh water and so have almost no problems with corrison. It is a great boat and I expect to enjoy it for many more years. Great hull design and handeling and ease of getting into and out boat is unsurpassed. Ken

fishdog4449

Chief Petty Officer

Very nice craft ya got there!
I just sold my old boat, a 14' Lonestar Cadet runabout that i bought when i was 13 with my grass money. I'm 16 now, and my friends uncle was selling his larger boat for a cheap price. So of course I jumped on that opportunity and i'm the proud owner of a 1982 17' Glassmaster bowrider that I just finished restoring. I replaced the Merc 80 with a 115 that was rusting away in my friends backyard. She FLIES!
I hit 50 easy. :)

kadesdad07

Seaman Apprentice

My wife and I have just acquired 1972 Glassmaster Tarpon 800XED with an inline 4cyl. It had belonged to an Uncle of hers that passed about 6 months ago. We were close to him and thought it would be a great to restore the boat that he loved to fish out of. I have taken some pictures of it that I will post. I am going to try to clean it up this weekend and start to service everything since I have no idea when it has last been done. I will post some before and after pics as I get stuff done. In the pic of the back of the boat on the left side there is a large piece that folds down and I have no idea what it is. If anyone knows please fill me in.
DSCN0596.jpg

DSCN0595.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN0594.jpg

DSCN0593.jpg

DSCN0591.jpg

DSCN0590.jpg

DSCN0589.jpg

ParallaxBill

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice lookin' boat, looks just like mine for the most part. :)

kadesdad07

Seaman Apprentice

Couple pics after a little polishing.
DSCN0647-1.jpg

DSCN0648-1.jpg

It came out better than I thought it would.

rickinaz

Recruit

i have a 71 tri hull with a 60 hp johnson. looks very similar to yours.

ParallaxBill

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey kadesdad, you got any pictures of your seats and tanks? I'm wanting to replace my seats but the tanks are 13" wide which is just about what all the replacement lounge seat boxes measure. I'm not sure if they will fit. I need to see your's so I can get an idea.
Thanks,

kadesdad07

Seaman Apprentice

Hey Bill sent you a PM and I will get some pics to ya shortly. I would like to trade some pics with you showing the rod pockets of your boat. Need to replace mine and would like to see if what I currently have is the same. But I will take some pics of the inside of mine and post for ya. I finally got it in the water this weekend and all was great. The only problem I had was when I put it in reverse it would do fine but when I tried to give it any extra throttle it would stall out. Other than that the old boat did fine. Was on the water about five hours and when I pulled the plug no water at all. Had a buddy follow me and at 4000 rpm his GPS said we were doing 32 mph. I had about 500 rpm to go if I trimed it out alittle. I am going back out in it on Wednesday if I can get the reverse problem fixed.

jjr007

Recruit

Here are some pictures of mine. I bought it in 1996 with a mercury motor that didn't work, and trailer, for $600. I don't know the exact year, mid sixties is my guess as I saw a io model that looked similar on the web. It came with a wrap around plexiglass windscreen which I took off and replaced with one that I constructed. It was originally painted blue and white. I repainted it white, and changed the top from blue to green. I added a board with storage and fishing pole holders across the motor well. The motor I replaced with a new 1996 Yamaha 50 horse four stroke. It is about 17 ft overall.
boat2.jpg

jrboat2.jpg

jjr007

Recruit

I have made some changes since I took those pictures. I took out the back to back seats and their frames, and made two boxes with a half top that opens, covered with dark gray indoor outdoor carpet. I mounted a battery in each box, one starting, and one trolling, with a on board two battery charger maintainer. In the top of the boxes where it doesn't open, I put seat plates that are for holding my two removable swivel, fold down, fishing seats. On the bow I put an autopilot, foot control, trolling motor. Between the trolling motor and the windshield I glued dark gray carpet squares. In the middle of the carpet I mounted an additional seat plate that I can put in a seat post, with one of my swivel seats placed on top, for bass fishing.

eaken95

Cadet

I purchased what I think is a 1968 Glassmaster 16.5' Tri-Hull walk thru. From all the pics I can find of that era of boats, that is what it appears to me to be. I bought it about a year ago and have completely stripped it and turned it into a center console boat. I completely redesigned her and replaced everything but the hull itself. It has a 73 Merc 115 hp hanging on back and it all runs great. My only complaint is it is hard to get it on top of the water on the hole shots, but once it's out it runs great. I am very proud of her and have set her up primarily for fresh water fishing.

kadesdad07

Seaman Apprentice

Post some pics and we may be able to help with the identification of your boat. You may want to look at getting a hydrofoil for it. I have been considering it myself. Should help you plane out faster. Welcome to iboats.

eaken95

Cadet

I have added a hydrafoil, but have not had it out on the water yet. I will post pictures soon. I have to figure out to get them on this site.

eaken95

Cadet

Here is what it looked like before the modifications.Original.JPG

Then here is what I converted it to. DCFC0005.JPG

Reactions: Jb3

frank_hav

Recruit

New Glassmaster boat owner. I just bought a 1979 Tri Hull XSD. The motor is not original and I think it has a shaft that may be to long. It is a 20" shaft 50hp merc from 1966. While it runs great and get me to 25mph, at about 18mph I get a water column coming into the transom well from the motor bracket. To me it looks like the shaft should be 15". It looks good on the trailer but in the water the anticavitation plate is about 5" below water. However when on plane it is only about 1" below the water. These things kick one heck of a hole behind the boat. Can anyone tell me what the stock shaft length was when these boats were new. I think it may have come with an 85hp motor originally.

Thanks
Frank

fishdog4449

Chief Petty Officer

Frank, the cavitation plate should be even with the bottom of the hull, or an inch or two higher than the hull. Height in the water doesn't matter, as long as it is flush with the hull.

1976GM

Cadet

Hi, I'm a proud new owner of a 1976 Glassmaster 700E, this is my first boat. It's a one owner and still all original. It has been well taken care of and the OMC 302 and Stern Drive still run like new. As soon as I get home I will post some pics for ya'll to look at. I'm not sure of the model name, I was told it was a Daytona. It has a closed bow, four full sized seats, and a jump seat next to the engine cover.