Bow filler cushions...well...cushion (singular)

infideltarget

Master Chief Petty Officer
'90 200 Horizon (though I am sure other years within this body style will work), I am looking for one of the two bow filler cushions. I have the forward most of the two piece set, and I am looking for the second one. Color / condition not important.

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Bow filler cushions...well...cushion (singular)

You're unlikely to find one that someone will part with; if they have the cushion for a 21-year old boat they probably also have the boat and therefore won't give up just the cushion.

The cushion is a simple plywood base with foam and vinyl; you can easily make one or have an upholstery shop make one.

infideltarget

I realize that, but it never hurts to try. I thought I might find an old one that I could use as a template, or get some measurements from to have one made. I am 8,000 miles from my boat, so getting measurements is difficult. I was hoping to have one by the time I go home for R&R.

DBreskin

I realize that, but it never hurts to try. I thought I might find an old one that I could use as a template, or get some measurements from to have one made. I am 8,000 miles from my boat, so getting measurements is difficult. I was hoping to have one by the time I go home for R&R.

I can give you measurements from my 1992 H200 cushion. They're probably identical. Let me know if you want the info.

infideltarget

I can give you measurements from my 1992 H200 cushion. They're probably identical. Let me know if you want the info.

That would be fantastic. I am sure the cushions are the same. I need the measurement of the thickness used on the wood base as well, if you dont mind, as Fireman431 specifically asked about it. Here is a pic, so we are on the same cushion. Also, he asked what shade of white is it. He told me to take a pic in good sunlight, but i still dont see where he can get an accurate color due to differences in camera capture and monitor displays. But I am thinking bright white. What is yours?

Attachments

• bowcushion.JPG
    bowcushion.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 0

DBreskin

That would be fantastic. I am sure the cushions are the same. I need the measurement of the thickness used on the wood base as well, if you dont mind, as Fireman431 specifically asked about it. Here is a pic, so we are on the same cushion. Also, he asked what shade of white is it. He told me to take a pic in good sunlight, but i still dont see where he can get an accurate color due to differences in camera capture and monitor displays. But I am thinking bright white. What is yours?

Mine is exactly the same color scheme as yours, but 20 years of sunlight may have changed the color somewhat. I wouldn't use a photo of faded vinyl as a reference.
I'll crawl under my tarp tomorrow and measure the cushion for you. You can see in my picture it's the same.

Attachments

• Horizon_07.jpg
    Horizon_07.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 0

DBreskin

BTW, did you know you can download all the original sales literature and manuals from the Four Winns website?

infideltarget

I think that would work fine. They changed a lot from 90 to 92. Here is the exact same view from mine:

Attachments

• 198078_204647262879285_100000020373712_827977_2130012_n.jpg
    198078_204647262879285_100000020373712_827977_2130012_n.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 198748_204647399545938_100000020373712_827979_8158187_n.jpg
    198748_204647399545938_100000020373712_827979_8158187_n.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 0

infideltarget

BTW, did you know you can download all the original sales literature and manuals from the Four Winns website?

Yep! I did that too...:D

Very interesting stuff. I also ordered an original sales brochure off ebay from 1990, for 99cents.

infideltarget

I think it is amazing how well the upholstery has held up all this time. You and I both have interiors in great condition (mine is still dirty). I see so many newer boats with crap for interiors. Mine was in dry stack storage by original owner since new. Until the flood, that is.

Off the subject a bit, but very glad to see someone else with my same setup. Overall, how do you like it? Did you / do you have any rot issues? Have you had any parts issue with the Ford engine? I keep hearing how I will regret having a Ford, but I just dont see it. I like Fords, and have a lot of parts for and experience with 302 / 351w. Please, tell me how you feel overall about your boat, and any issues you have had, or things you particularly like. I am very interested to hear.

seaboo

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just some info on the engine (mine has the 351). when winterizing REMEMBER to drain the power steering fluid cooler. (the po of mine forgot and had it soldered, then darn if the next year I did the same thing. I always carry a spare alternator belt with me, I had to replace it once and (while I was at fault on this) if it isn't adjusted just right it likes to eat them (if you hear a belt squeak, adjust it). I know this was my fault but having a 3 dollar belt on hand can save a weekend on the water.

I think it is amazing how well the upholstery has held up all this time. You and I both have interiors in great condition (mine is still dirty). I see so many newer boats with crap for interiors. Mine was in dry stack storage by original owner since new. Until the flood, that is.

Off the subject a bit, but very glad to see someone else with my same setup. Overall, how do you like it? Did you / do you have any rot issues? Have you had any parts issue with the Ford engine? I keep hearing how I will regret having a Ford, but I just dont see it. I like Fords, and have a lot of parts for and experience with 302 / 351w. Please, tell me how you feel overall about your boat, and any issues you have had, or things you particularly like. I am very interested to hear.

infideltarget

Just some info on the engine (mine has the 351). when winterizing REMEMBER to drain the power steering fluid cooler. (the po of mine forgot and had it soldered, then darn if the next year I did the same thing. I always carry a spare alternator belt with me, I had to replace it once and (while I was at fault on this) if it isn't adjusted just right it likes to eat them (if you hear a belt squeak, adjust it). I know this was my fault but having a 3 dollar belt on hand can save a weekend on the water.

Thanks seaboo! I didnt know yours had the 5.8 also. Maybe we need to start our own support group, since we are the outcasts here ;) . I like that 220H. My '98 was a 220, and that was what I wanted again, but they can be quite hard to find it seems...at least in my price range.

DBreskin

I'll crawl under my tarp tomorrow and measure the cushion for you. You can see in my picture it's the same.
Rained all day today. I'll try again Friday.

seaboo

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks seaboo! I didnt know yours had the 5.8 also. Maybe we need to start our own support group, since we are the outcasts here ;) . I like that 220H. My '98 was a 220, and that was what I wanted again, but they can be quite hard to find it seems...at least in my price range.

Yeah, I lucked out (IMHO) because I bought it from a guy that owned it for a year and figured out he couldn't afford to own a boat (but he had "fixxed" it up in the year he had it, battery, new carb, new stereo, new power steering pump, Total maintance, all professionally done, I felt as if I stole it). Anyway The 5.8 (4 barrel) had me nervous when I first got it, I figured it would be a gas hog, but it actually gets decent fuel economy. If it has 1 person or several it averages about the same usage (pulling a skier or tube knocks it down of course). My boat seems somewhat stern heavy but easy enough to adjust too.

DBreskin

Here are the pictures, dimensions and instructions for duplicating the bow filler cushion. Good luck!

Attachments

• Bottom view.jpg
    Bottom view.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Edge view.jpg
    Edge view.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Angle view.jpg
    Angle view.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Top view.jpg
    Top view.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 1

infideltarget

Here are the pictures, dimensions and instructions for duplicating the bow filler cushion. Good luck!

You, sir, are THA MAN! Many thanks to you, as that is a first class job!

infideltarget

Bow filler cushion located! My wife was cleaning out all the storage bins etc, in preparation for the boat going to the shop, and she FOUND the second cushion! :eek: :D

Lock this one up...it's done!

DBreskin

Bow filler cushion located! My wife was cleaning out all the storage bins etc, in preparation for the boat going to the shop, and she FOUND the second cushion! :eek: :D

Lock this one up...it's done!

Ya mean I put in all that work measuring for nothing?!

Just kidding... glad you/she found the cushion.

infideltarget

Ya mean I put in all that work measuring for nothing?!

Just kidding... glad you/she found the cushion.

Nope...not for nothing. I actually was able to pass your work along to someone on another forum...with proper credit given to you of course...to have one made for a slightly newer boat. I also have it saved on my hard drive for that "just in case". Not to mention you have my appreciation and gratitude on a job well done! :D