If ya love your Four Winns

Joshua Nichols

Lieutenant
I made a little social group for Four Winns owners to post pictures of their tub and just talk about our boats.. Just started it, and all is welcome.. Here's a link
http://forums.iboats.com/group.php?groupid=13.... You know whats a shame?? The amount of folks the have looked and not joined.. Already looking like a sweet group of folks.. Chatted with all so far

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: If ya love your Four Winns

I guess I hang out more in other sections. So do a lot of other folks, though I think your idea and implementation of the social group is a good one.:)

Your boat is pretty sweet by the way:)

Joshua Nichols

Lieutenant

Well there are ones for starcraft, jon boats and boaters in Missouri.. Just seems like part of the forum that is seldom used.. Thought I would put it use.. It's nice to have some folks with the same boat manufacturer to ask questions and answer questions to.. Not so much tech questions really.. More like how you like that cuddy? Stayed out on it much??

Like my tub eh.Thank you. My baby bought that for me.. Kinda like a pre wedding gift.. I sacrificed my ring for it:p. I hunted and hunted almost every night.. Found it for $1200.. Got it for a grand. Had a bad trim pump.. Came with a brand new battery, brand new stainless prop(that shoulda been a 21 pitch:() But runs like a champ.. Got the outdrive off right now.. Previous owner stored the out drive up too long and bellows got a hole.. So replacing gimble, u joints bellows and such.. Having to do some repaint cause being a OMC.. Well it needs it.. Oh did I mention it shifts perfect?

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I just joined so I could see more pics!:D

I understand about the non-tech stuff, as the main forums seem to kinda run away from that.

My 1984 Marquise 180 had its share of probs. when I got it early last year, I resolved them eventually , ( even an undetected crack in the block and exhaust manifold)

This has been a bad year for mine, motor was gonna come out anyway as it is kinda tired , but now I just did in the outdrive a month ago, so an early end to powerboating for the season. Thankfully it is a Mercruiser though . Parts/donors are easier to find. :)

Hang on to that woman- a boat instead of a ring??? Heck yeah!:D:D

Joshua Nichols

Lieutenant

I guess alot of Four Winns owners don't love their tub... LMAO:rolleyes:

Joshua Nichols

Lieutenant

Mine too.. Good thing, since no one wants to work on my outdrive.. It is remarkably simple.. Reminds me of my ol Johnson outboard with a easy to access water pump..

kozman03

Cadet

Sounds like a great idea as I have a ton of questions about my 86 Four WInns 170 Horizon. My problem is it would let me log in as it states I don't have sufficient priviledges.