2007 Fisher Avenger PRO 16 SC Owner

buhuskies

Seaman Apprentice
I purchased a 2007 Fisher Avenger PRO 16 SC brand new this past summer. Looking to hear from other owners to share experiences, problems, fixes etc.

Mine has a Mercury 9.9 Pro Kicker as propulsion as the large reservoirs here in NJ I use it on only allow up to 10 h.p.

So far, not a bad boat, certainly underpowered at 9.9 but livable (if not ideal) for fishing.

Only real downside to the boat is the dashboard switch labels which are almost unreadable. That needs improvement. I added a Bimini top and many rod holders, a Raymarine VHF Radio, plus a downrigger too.

-
boat2.jpg

-
boat1.jpg

-
boat5.jpg

-
RV6.jpg

-
Boston026.jpg

-
Boston024.jpg

Last edited:

buckeye_sean

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2007 Fisher Avenger PRO 16 SC Owner

Nice boat! I have a 1997 Fisher Pro Hawk 170 SC with a 90hp 2-stroke Merc and a 9.9 Merc. 4-stroke as my kicker.

I too get a little water leakage and have traced it down to the livewell inputs on the transom. (I have front and rear livewells.) It's usually not too much, but it is annoying. I will typically flip my bilge on every 2-4 hours and it pumps for maybe 10-30 seconds. I normally boat inland lakes so never take water over the bow. Lake Erie is a differnt story...

I've been toying with the idea of getting an automatic bilge, but I like the idea of reminding myself to check every few hours. (Nervous habit I guess.)

Overall the boat has been very solid, all the hull welds are in good shape and only a few minor dings.

buhuskies

Seaman Apprentice
SOLD - 2007 Fisher Avenger PRO 16 SC

SOLD - 2007 Fisher Avenger PRO 16 SC

SOLD

Boat, Motor, Trailer, Accessories
2007 Fisher 16 Avenger Pro SC
2006 Mercury 9.9 Pro Kicker
2007 Fisher Galvashield Trailer w/ swing away tongue

Fisher16

Recruit

Just purchased this boat last week. It's my first boat and so far I love it. It has a 75 4 stroke Merc on it. The boat was sitting for a year and half so I drained the gas and put some stabilizer in it. I removed the two manual stabilizers but left the dolphin on it. Went out last night with wife and son (500 lbs) and we were doing 30 according to my speed ap. I am fine with that speed but don't know if that is right or should I get a little more out of it. Only thing not working on the boat is the gas gauge which I think is important. The needle is dropped all the way to the bottom on the left side. I am thinking the float or a fuse. Any suggestions before I start messing with it.

joelybob

Petty Officer 1st Class

START A NEW THREAD ! welcome to iboats

Willie12345

Cadet
Re: SELLING - 2007 Fisher Avenger PRO 16 SC

Re: SELLING - 2007 Fisher Avenger PRO 16 SC

What a good looking boat ! I hope it brings you lots of pleasure and fish.