Ebbtide Cuddy Bow Rider - anyone own one? Like it?

Considering the purchase of one of these models, I know it won bowrider or boat of the year back in 2006, and I see a local dealer here still has a 2007 model left over.... anyone own one of these boats? What do you like and don't like about the boat? Where do you use it?

Thanks in advance.

Camp180

Cadet
Re: Ebbtide Cuddy Bow Rider - anyone own one? Like it?

I have a Campione 180, with the VP 4.3, SX outdrive. It is a bowrider.
I love the boat. You need to remember that it is a small lake boat. It has a higher than most freeboard.
It will handle 4-5 adults and is fine. Above that and it is crowded. It has the power to go, I just need space.
It has been very reliable. The only issue I have had was when the fuel pump died. That happened after 4 years of use. I have had no other issues at all.
The boat itself, I think, has nice fit and finish. It has some floatation foam in it so it is a quiet rider. Handles great, and I get many compliments about how sharp a boat it is. The guy at the gas dock asked me if it is a new boat, this year, it's a 2003 that I bought new. This is the 5th summer with it.
I am looking to trade it in for a cuddy...Ebbtide again if the deal is right.

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Ebbtide Cuddy Bow Rider - anyone own one? Like it?

This is a little late, but I just joined the forum. I own a 2005 Ebbtide 2300 bowrider. The boat is 23' 1/2" plus the extended swim platform, with a 8 1/2 foot beam, 20 degree dead rise. I have the mercruiser 6.2 MPI w/ bravo 1. The boat weighs in a 4200lbs empty. Prior to this I have owned a 18' and 20' bowrider followed by a 01 Wellcraft 2600 Martinique cruiser. After my sons were born we sold the cruiser and bought the Ebbtide.

First off, the Ebbtide is a quality boat. We vacation every year at lake of the ozarks and I needed a boat to handle the chop. It is a deep vee, and I have no concerns when my boys ride in front through chop. The glass mat , core mat and woven roving is hand laid to remove air voids. The hull sides are foamed and glassed over. Basically, it is solid in the chop. For a heavy deep vee it is still fast. With the family and 40+ gallons of gas, a stainless 23 pitch she will run 57.

I did have a problem with the paint on the trailer when we first picked it up. But we wrote a letter and spoke to the CEO Tom Trabue. I did want the trailer replaced. Trabue called the president of Tennesse trailer directly for us. They did not replace the trailer. They flat bedded it back to the factory. Stripped it bare, replaced everything. New bunks, rotors, pads, trailer jack, tires even replaced all the lights and upgraded them to LED.

Last season we added a wakeboard tower with four speakers. I told the wife it was for the boys. They are only 5 and 7;) I have racks and a light bar with five seventy watt lights waiting to go on this spring. In my opinion if you are looking at searay $, it would be worth looking at an Ebbtide.