1987 Crestliner Phantom trim parts

NWO Gord

Recruit
Hello, I am new here and hope someone can help.
Last year I purchased a 1987 Crestliner Phantom 186 and the boat was in need of repair with some trim parts missing, mainly the cast aluminum bow cap that screws onto the very front of the boat and the cast aluminum transom cap on the left side, it covers in a huge gaping hole and connects to the transom/side/top at the rear. The transom is a regular not an sst.
If anyone out there has these parts or knows of where I could purchase these I would sure be grateful, I have been looking for awhile now and cannot find any, If anyone has any ideas as to how I can cosmetically close in the hole, that too would be helpful, (aftermarket plastic parts or fibreglass??)

Thank you for any and all help.

Frayed_Knot

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1987 Crestliner Phantom trim parts

Hi Gord

Would this work -http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Crestliner-Aluminum-Bow-Cap-NEW-lot-c130-/380283744278?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item588aad7016 - I saw its the other day while searching for some stuff for my project. Seems crestliner parts are tough to come by. Another place I have had some luck is Great Lakes Skipper in Racine, WI. Just keep an eye on their website for stuff as it comes up. Only other idea I have is to post your question in the boat restoration forum with some pictures of the transom. there is a lot more activity over there. Good luck.

NWO Gord

Recruit

I checked out Great lakes skipper, I looked in ebay (not the rite part so wont work), asked around in every crestliner dealer I could think of, checked in Thunder Bay ontario (where these boats were made at one time), wrote crestliner directly and emailed back and forth to them several times,(they have something close but would require cutting down as too long and then rewelding it back together for the rear transom cap) and have come up empty handed, I would even go plastic if there was something that would work, I even thought maybe someone might be able to make me a customized fibreglass replaca replacement that would cover in the hole at the back. will keep looking tho as I am sure someone someplace has something that will work.
Thank you. Gord.

rndn

Commander

You could always have something made at a machine shop.

NWO Gord

Recruit

Thank you, I already thought of that but need one to make a pattern off of, If I could borrow one of each from someone I would have several made and sell them on here as there seems to be quite a few people looking for these exact same parts with no luck either. Like I said tho, a copy of one made out of fibreglass would do me, not as strong but would look good and cover up that big hole in the back. I will keep looking. Thank you for your replys