1988 Celebrity Crown Line

gpalofberg

Recruit
We own a 1988 Celebrity Crown Line and it has a digital dashboard a code came on the dash that says ADE and after going through my owners manuals I cannot figure out what this means. While this code is displyed the fuel gage and the trim gage do not appear on my screen. Does anyone know what ADE stands for?

nbodner10

Recruit
Re: 1988 Celebrity Crown Line

I do not know the answer to this but I I just recently bought a 1988 Celebrity Crownline and am trying to gather up as much information on the boat as possible. If you have any info you could share about the boat please send it my way! Thanks! - Noah

Knot Waiting

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1988 Celebrity Crown Line

Maybe this reply is coming in a bit late but I have the exact same year and make boat and I also have the exact same problem. It seems to come on when a source of input is missing and confuses the computer or a grounding issue. 90% of the time I get the ADE message when the speedometer pick up on the transom of the boat tips up slightly and cant get a good reading. Pushing it back down (engine off) usually fixes it. The other 10% of the time is a loose ground wire behind the helm... lazy as it sounds sometimes I just wiggle some wires around and it works.