drainage?

mfitzy

Recruit
I have a 1992 23' cuddy with a small sink and a floor drain in the cabin and a floor "cooler" (?) with an internal drain, by the drivers seat. I recently washed out this floor cooler and the water nicely dissapeared down the drain, to my dismay appeared later coming up through the cabin floor drain. Where is this supposed to drain to? Note the bilge pump area near the enginge was dry. is there a secondary bilge area ?
I am new to this boat and boating in general - so go easy if this is a ridiculous question.
Thanks

RollingWanderer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: drainage?

My first thought is the angle of the boat. Is the boat on a trailer? Is the bow up? Is it possible that the bow is sitting lower than the aft, hence the water is going forward and coming out the floor drain rather than heading backwards to the bilge?

-RW

mfitzy

Recruit

you are 100% correct, I tipped boat (on trailer) up with the plug out and problem was solved! A little common sense!!
Thanks

RollingWanderer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No problem.

It was just a lucky guess, or maybe I've seen something very similar before ;)...but I'm not sayin' (admitting) anything. :D

-RW