looking for a *new* riding mower/tractor hydrostatic, loader, snowblower-able

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral
I only cut an acre, but my little 38" cut 14hp mower is getting tired and so am I.

I would like a machine that has a small loader (mostly for carrying materials) and can run a snowblower - I wonder if anyone has any faves to look for as far as used brands/models. Tight turning radius and about 50" cut would be ideal.

Do any of them run the snowblower hydraulically? One of my main concerns is ease of attachment. My current MTD unit has a blower, but it's as much work to install/remove every year as it is to just shovel the driveway. You really need to hang the unit from a crane to do the swap. And the drive belt system on the blower was never engineered very well.

Is moving snow with the loader practical on these small tractors?

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: looking for a *new* riding mower/tractor hydrostatic, loader, snowblower-able

I sure like our 430 D JD.
3 cyl yanmar (or kubota, can't remember)

Has A single stage blower (If I had boughten it new I would have opted for the duel stage blower), I believe 56 inch cutting deck and both are PTO shaft driven, no belts.
No loader, but the newer/ next size up had the option.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: looking for a *new* riding mower/tractor hydrostatic, loader, snowblower-able

I am a big fan of the B series Kubotas. I currently have a 1997 B2150 4X4 HSD with loader that I bought new to do 120 acres. I can't imaging any job that "Big Orange" couldn't do.

I have implements to do most anything but with The Hideout shrunken down to 1.5 acres I have mounted a 60" finish mower more or less permanently. I am confident that she could move a lot of snow quickly with her bucket.

If I should need them and had a strong helper to help me mount them there are a brush mower, chipper/shredder, rototiller, disc cultivator, box blade, grading blade, posthole auger and hitch with ball for moving trailers about. I will probably just sell most of them.

The_Kid

Chief Petty Officer

I've had a Kubota BX1500 for about 9 years now that replaced my old Craftsman riding mower. Hydrostatic, 4 wheel drive power steering, 48" loader, 54" mid mount mower, and 3 point hitch. They do offer a front or rear mount snow blower that are PTO shaft driven. I don't know how whats involved with connecting the snow blower, but if it's anything like the loader or mower it should be fairly quick and easy. It takes less than 5 minutes to remove or attach the loader or mower.
I take the loader off every time I cut the grass.

I did use the loader to plow snow for several years. While it did the job it's not the easiest way to clear snow. Since then I modified the plow that was on the craftsman to work on the BX using the loader to raise and lower it. With the plow it takes half the time to clear the driveway.

I built a weight box to compensate when the loader is full of sand or gravel. Even though it's only 15 HP, it will move a 3500 pound trailer around without any problem.

new weight rear.jpgangled.JPGTractor up.JPG

NewfieDan

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a BX2360 by Kubota. It has a front mount snow blower. I used to have the mid mount mower deck but didn't like the finish it left. There were "tracks' from the tractor. For mowing I use a Canadian Tire sepcial. It works better for me. The Kuboats may work with a finish mower mounted on the 3-point hitch.

The blower is runoff the PTO from the HST transmission, it a 48" blower. It will move a lot of snow a long ways. I just bought the front end loader this year so I have not had a chance to move any snow yet. I have moved some soil with it and it seems to work fine. I also have a 50" blade for moving snow for those times when there is ot enough snow for the blower. It works well too.

Something to consider, if you get a tractor get a front mount blower or you will always be looking over your shoulder(read sore neck) to see what you are doing. With a front mount everything is in front of you. I also have about an acre of grass plus about 7000sq ft of pavement so clearing can be a big job. With one of these compact tractors it makes it easy.

I also had a trailer adaptor made so I can hook up to the boat trailer using the 3 point hitch. Although the tractor isn't he fastest way to move a boat it works well and I have great control over the trailer. Send me a PM if you are interested I think I still have the drawing to make one up. My boat is a 23ft Rinker that weights about 5000lbs, plus trailer.

Georgesalmon

Lieutenant Commander

If you can find an old JD 425, 445, 455 you'll have everything you could ask for. Yes they are old but they sure made them good. I have a 1992 425 w/ with hyd and pto driven snow blower, pto driven 60" mower with a blower collection trailer, full cab, pto 48" roto tiller, loader, 3pt hitch Cat0. 20hp Kowasaki water cooled engine. I move snow with the loader to sometimes. If your looking for new, kubota is nice my son has one of those and he loves it. I have 10 acres, mow about 4.

Fishin Magician

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I only cut an acre, but my little 38" cut 14hp mower is getting tired and so am I.

I would like a machine that has a small loader (mostly for carrying materials) and can run a snowblower - I wonder if anyone has any faves to look for as far as used brands/models. Tight turning radius and about 50" cut would be ideal.

Do any of them run the snowblower hydraulically? One of my main concerns is ease of attachment. My current MTD unit has a blower, but it's as much work to install/remove every year as it is to just shovel the driveway. You really need to hang the unit from a crane to do the swap. And the drive belt system on the blower was never engineered very well.

Is moving snow with the loader practical on these small tractors?

regarding a hydro riding 50 inch deck with grass catching ability...and yes easy snowthrowing attachment I say look into "WALKER" the MD diesel model...that thing will throw snow 35yds....it's Cadillac...no bucket loader though...

ehenry

Commander

Ya cant go wrong with a Kubota BX series machine. I have a BX22 with load, 72" belly mower and backhoe attachment. I've had it 12 years now and its well used with no problems other than the hydraulic lines are starting to crack, leak and need replacement.