Need/Desire

emoney

Commander
Re: Need/Desire

Don't worry, FF. If you keep all your money under the mattress, just email me directions and I'll come and get and keep it "safe".

Knowing, of course, that the word "safe" has several different meanings. FOr example: "put to good use", "invested wisely", etc. etc. etc.

emoney

Commander

I didn't really want to share this on the forum, but actually I'm a Nigerian Prince who's escaped political turmoil. The problem is, I'm actually a billionaire but all my money is tied up in customs. If I could just find someone to wire me $1000.00 (attorney's fees, of course) and give me their bank account number, someone that I could trust of course, then I could have all my money wired into their account here in the states. I mean, I'd be willling to compensate the right person of course.

How'd you know, by the way? Did one of my representatives send you an email?

foodfisher

Captain

My rep. Vinnie is bringing the mattress. Now back to picture posting angst.

waterinthefuel

Commander

Need to be a little careful with pictures now days, a lot of cameras & smartphones are recording the GPS coordinates of where the picture was taken and embedding them in the file.
Google Earth can then take you to directly to the location.
It doesn't worry me but if you took a picture of all the money hidden under your bed then it wouldn't be a wise idea to post your house address on the internet.

This is a good point. But a way to ensure this is cleared is to use a program that changes the format of the pic, say from a .jpg file to a .bmp. In that case the photo would lose the GPS coordinates embedded in it.

You can also disable the GPS on your phone temporarily when you take the pic.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Keep futzing with it FF and you'll get it.

When you get everything figured out get a free photobucket account and it makes nice big pics easy to post on the internet.

foodfisher

Captain

Check out dockside chat! One happy camper here. Thanks to all for your patience and guidance, especially Don S and his stickies.