cant open an email attachment

yourkiddin

Petty Officer 1st Class
i need to open a reference letter from my email. when trying to do so it ask for the program to use. adobe reader 9.4 is already hilighted. when i allow it to load it says it is not a supported file type or not correctly coded. please help interview at 9 am.

dockwrecker

Lieutenant
Re: cant open an email attachment

I've had to go to older versions of Adobe Reader with some attatchments. And 9.4 isn't compatible with some older operating systems. Go to the Adobe website and get the proper one for your OS. And if that's what's happening, go to your file manager and delete 9.4 or it will constantly want to default to it.

Adjuster

Petty Officer 1st Class

Are you sure it is a .pdf file. Possibly a .doc file from Word. I will be glad to take a look at it for you. I have most any program that a document can be created in and then I can convert it to whatever you like.

dolluper

Captain

Is it in Power point presentation and you don't have micro office if so go to micro's site and download power point viewer.....there is a patch on the net so it loads when you click the file otherwise you do it the micro way SLOW and complicated but it opens....alot of people are sending files that way now ...go figure If its word miro has a word viewer also free to download

Last edited: