Propane tank won't release gas

fdmsiv

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Propane tank won't release gas

I still say the problem is your government mandated regulator, not the tank valve.

I guess when your newly filled tank does not work, you will listen.

I don't think it could be the Overflow Prevention Device (OPD), these are one-way valves to prevent the tank from being over-filled.

I could see the OPD getting stuck and not letting any LP into the tank, but by purging the tank you can tell if you are getting LP into the tank when filling.

BF

Lieutenant

Look inside the opening of the tank. It's threaded and the check valve that gets pushed in by the end of the hose connector when it's screwed into there. I had one tank where it must've been installed too deep for the end of the hose to push it in. The connection felt loose even though the plastic coupler thing was snug... no gas flowed. Tank worked OK on a different BBQ.

I wouldn't fool with it, either trade the tank in for another... or take it to a real propane place and explain the prob...

fire831

Petty Officer 1st Class

Like BF said, don't fool with it. Is $20.00 worth loosing your life? Like I was told at a firearms and explosive class one time, If you don't know anything about it, don't screw around with it.