Liquid in tractor tires

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Liquid in tractor tires

Yep, dealer said that it needed to be taken apart and cleaned up real good and insert a tube in it.
I do have the suitcase weights for the front that I use with the tiller sometimes.

Caveman Charlie

Chief Petty Officer

Although there not as easy to find as they used to be you can add weights to your rear rims. A lot of older tractors had them. They were round and bolted to the hub part of the rim. Much better to use them then that D*mmed calcium chloride that rusts out the rims. Leave that stuff out and add weight some other way. It's expensive anyway.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

We put a front end loader on my father's tractor and needed a counter weight for the 3 point hitch so we built a weight using a 55 gallon plastic drum, 2 steel plates, re-barb rod, cement and a category 2 tow bar. We cut the barrel down a little bit drilled 1" holes in each side of the barrel and managed to get the category 2 bar down in the barrel were the pins stuck out of the 1" holes. Drilled holes in 2 steel plates 2 to slide the rods through and 1 to attach the adjustment arm to. We stood the plates on the tow bar and welded them to it. With the rods and all in place we poored the cement in the barrel and let it sit of course. This turned out to be a pretty good counter weight.

The wheel weights can be hard to find just depends on your make and model of tractor. We tried to find some for my father's 2150 John Deere and lord they were high priced. You might be able to find the weights at you local tractor dealer.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I am getting the CC out and putting tubes in.
Like I said, I do have some suitcase weights for the front and I don't need any weight for the rear cause when I am on it there is plenty there. :)

jeeperman

Lieutenant Commander

Don't tell nobody but guess where the used motor oil on the farm went?
Yep, right into the tractor tires. No freezing and no corrosion, EVER.
I can't ever recall a gushing leak however.

Also in the late 60's my Dad had weight installed inside the tubeless tires of his new garden tractor. Get this....powdered LEAD. Looked like pink flour, the guy broke the bead and shoveled it in all the while the wind blowing thru the shop and no masks, etc. anywhere.

Probaly can't find any now at any price.