Video chating Mic/Cam

alldodge

Staff member
Got Mom setup on her laptop to video chat. The issue is on my laptop. I try to connect but it says error accessing the Microphone. Have gone in and both Mic and Camera are both ON and have given access to some apps including Edge

Currently using Firefox but have also tried using Edge with same result. Win 10 OS

FB.jpg

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
have that error at work after the last forced Win 10 upgrade with Zoom and go-to-meeting

need to go into settings, and turn the mic and video back on. those were forced off with the last update

alldodge

Staff member
I did that, and they are ON, this is why I don't understand what I'm missing.

Have even restarted and no help

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Try using THIS from microsoft.

I tried on my PC, but I have no mic on this PC. Or camera. :eek:

alldodge

Staff member
Checked wifes and when selecting padlock on FB it shows cam and mic are allowed, mine do not. When I go to change the things its like they let me select but are not changing. Starting to think my account is corrupt

acc.jpg

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
I had an issue today with Zoom. Had to go in, Computer showed 4 different camera/mic options. Finally set USE SYSTEM DEFAULT and got it working. Something changed during the last update and caused my issue

alldodge

Staff member
I probably need to reinstall win10 but I really don't want to redo the computer setup