upgrade or trade up 06 GT Mustang, 68K auto, great shape 4.6 V8

ezbtr

Commander
I "kinda" got the go ahead to do whatever , lol , the 5.0's stock 420 hp, my 06 auto GT 300 + small addons, maybe 320, in 3 .5 years only small bolt ons and oil changes, CAI, someone lowered 2 ", 20's and wheels(ugh) only 5K miles on them (got it that way) great shape darn spunky "enough".....but, no more house payment , wont ever buy new, would prob want auto again - thoughts? Maybe a Camaro? Love the how the Stang handles etc.

alldodge

Staff member
How about a Challenger SRT Demon for less then 100K? It was the faster production car in the world, 211mph and 0-60 in 2.1 sec

WIMUSKY

Staff member
How about a Challenger SRT Demon for less then 100K? It was the faster production car in the world, 211mph and 0-60 in 2.1 sec

Now you're talkin. If I were to get a retro, it would be a Challenger of some sort...

ezbtr

Commander

ummmmmmmmm NO, great car, even if I could afford it, I probably wouldnt ;)

ezbtr

Commander
From what Ive seen, GM cars best for your buck for HP, but damn does my Stang handle like it's on rails ;)

alldodge

Staff member
From what Ive seen, GM cars best for your buck for HP, but damn does my Stang handle like it's on rails ;)

Just face it your a Stang guy. Have a friend which has one, then post on FB that going home was real fun today and showing a pic that he got only 5.6 miles per gallon on his trip :)

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Just face it your a Stang guy. Have a friend which has one, then post on FB that going home was real fun today and showing a pic that he got only 5.6 miles per gallon on his trip :)

That's worse than my motorhome. Bet he couldn't lay off the go pedal.......

ezbtr

Commander
I gta check the crazy good warranty i got til 130K , all major stuff, 68K now , twin screw SC or turbo?? It's a 5 speed auto

ezbtr

Commander
To turbo charge or superc charge? I'm guessing that would void warranty :)

southkogs

Staff member
If it's just about going faster, I'm with Scott - start building something. Go a little retro and make a monster.

My middle kid bought an '08 with a V6. It's an impressive car for a six cylinder. And it doesn't do too bad on gas, either.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
... - thoughts? Maybe a Camaro? Love the how the Stang handles etc.

Absolutely love the look, and the performance is awesome but, Mustangs have one of the WORST safety rating. E-ncap rated them just 3 stars (out of 5), and here in sheepshagistan, Ford refused to provide ANCAP with a vehicle to test. It's basically regarded as a coffin if you happen to be in an accident.

Anything that gets you out of a Mustang is a good thing.

Chris.........
(I love Fords, have done all my life, but when a manufacturer puts profit ahead of life and safety, I tend to direct my loyalty elsewhere. Unfortunately Ford have a bit of history of that. :( Volkswagen, are you listening too?)

Last edited:

jebby

Petty Officer 2nd Class
dollar for dollar hard to beat a 5.0 mustang. can get it into insane horsepower numbers with basic tuning. if your going to the 100k range ill take a Shelby over a demon all day long. buy the next one with all 3 pedals.

ezbtr

Commander
I gta take it in for airbag, I'll have dealer dblchk warr then, I do love the bodystyle tho

ezbtr

Commander
I'm thinking add a turbo, they like boost and wont eat as much gas as a SC

WIMUSKY

Staff member
dollar for dollar hard to beat a 5.0 mustang. can get it into insane horsepower numbers with basic tuning. if your going to the 100k range ill take a Shelby over a demon all day long. buy the next one with all 3 pedals.

I'll take Demon any day... 3 pedals is a must or I don't want any of them...

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Just a dumb question........ have you run out of HP with what you have? I have many high performance toys and the need to improve on the HP no longer strikes me. A good example is my BMW motorcycle........ only 167 hp and it is older but I have not used the HP I have now so why raise it......... I have considered a more powerful bike but regardless I would still ride the same and not use all the HP Now for cars.... I do admit the twin turbo set up on a Ford V6 is nice but it still won't beat my motorcycle ;)

ezbtr

Commander
Just a dumb question........ have you run out of HP with what you have? I have many high performance toys and the need to improve on the HP no longer strikes me. A good example is my BMW motorcycle........ only 167 hp and it is older but I have not used the HP I have now so why raise it......... I have considered a more powerful bike but regardless I would still ride the same and not use all the HP Now for cars.... I do admit the twin turbo set up on a Ford V6 is nice but it still won't beat my motorcycle ;)

I hear ya buddy, and you are in a SENSE correct, it'll do 150 goverened, thinkin SC or turbo, only 69K on it, I do love it - we'll keep lookin for land for now :D