2012 Cadillac SRX P0442

alldodge

Staff member
Even after a long run I can stop and when the gas cap is removed there is no air is heard, so its not drawing a vacuum. I'm jusr going to call the dealer and pay $90 for them to smoke it

alldodge

Staff member
It does, but not sure I'm ready to get back into the car.

Just crawled out of the cruiser engine room. Been working most the day installing O2 sensors and cabling for the dual AFR meter. Then tried to get MEFI Burn SW working and had issues. Plan to try some more tomorrow before the rain comes in.

alldodge

Staff member
The dealer was going to replace the purge valve after seeing 442 (wife called) so I called them and said both it and vent valve was changed. They saw we will use the smoke machine (second manager I did not talk to first time).

Smoke machine told them the vent valve is not closing. They didn't have one in stock so I agreed to have them order it. It came in Friday and we will bring the car back Tuesday to install.

Right now I don;t believe this is the problem (I replaced with new Delco part). Think after its installed they will find something else, but do hope this is the issue. So far they are part changers and have no problem paying for knowledge, but will see. Also have problems for part cost. I paid $24 for the vent, they want $55 for the same part

dolluper

Captain
Humm check this out to understand better how it works

Attachments

• evap_diagnosis_acdelco.pdf
    181.4 KB · Views: 0

dolluper

Captain
Did you also mention the sb # to them .Me thinks it should be fixed for free

alldodge

Staff member
That was a good read, thanks
Had a full day of T-ball and seeing grand kids yesterday, great time

Called the dealer and I'm taking the care in for them to replace the valve in a couple hours. Will mention the SB to them

alldodge

Staff member
The light is off but I really don't think its fixed. Drove it back home about 11 miles and pulled into the garage. Opened gas cap and heard nothing, no air being sucked in, nothing. So while it is out, I believe it will take some more running before the computer turns the light on again.

Did get the old part back

dolluper

Captain
Most engine codes take 6 to ten cycles to set the light . They are pending until then. Abs and safety light right away. Guess they didn't buy into the sb and give it to you free or reduced rate eh.

alldodge

Staff member
Agree, the wife and friend (girls day out) is going to several places today, several stops and over 100 miles round trip. I'm thinking the light may be back on when she gets home.

I have to agree with their SB of no effect. Cars are built with parts coming from a given vendor, and others come from another vendor. Mine not being part of the troubled part would not be effected.

JBinVA

Cadet
I swore off GM's after 2005, haven't had any luck with them after that model year.