internet

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
never ran Windows 8, went from XP to Windows 7. The more I use Windows 10 the more I hate it. Maybe better/easier for someone with limited experiance but they dumbed it down and buried most of the advanced controls. I was shocked at the number of applications running in the background and the amount of data being sent off site. It shouldn?t take a new I5 with 12 gigs of ram on a 100 mps connection 10-15 seconds to load a web browser.

Forget the mail handler. Doesn?t support Verizon without setting up a Microsoft mail account first.

My browser is getting faster and faster on W10. The target site affects loading speed more than any thing because so many of us use high speed connections and they take advantage by shoving more in the pipe.

You can shutdown background apps and eliminate most of the tracking. Numerous articles on making it faster and more secure.

Who uses Windows mail handler? Wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
windows 7 pro is stable. windows 10 (or at least our idiot IT departments installation of it) is extremely unstable and requires an update at least once every few days

Windows 10 is forced bloat-ware at its finest.

tbird175

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am using 7 ultimate now. Is this okay with firefox? What antivirus do you reccommend with 7 ultimate?