What type are "most" of your bulbs in home lighting? LED, CFL, Incandescent....

What type are "most" of your bulbs in home lighting? LED, CFL, Incandescent....

• LED

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • CFL

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Incandescent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pretty much mixed equally

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
i switched over last year, started out with the cree at 7 a pop and now use the phillips at 2 for 5, the cree didnt last even close to their hype but the phillips are doing just fine

bigdee

Commander
Darrenmb;n10325860 said:
What brand?? I have had zero failures with about 70 of them and they are the cheapos. As far as color temperature I can't tell the difference from incandescent.

Darrenmb

Petty Officer 3rd Class
What brand?? I have had zero failures with about 70 of them and they are the cheapos. As far as color temperature I can't tell the difference from incandescent.

I was using phillips mr16s and cree br 30s and all.sorts of failures.. phillips have since changed the bulbs and newer ones all are fine, same.thing with cree, looks like they have redesigned it a bit, as base is a bit different, all bulbs staying lit now, but for how long?
I use.the 2700k bulbs for everything and light is same as incandescent bulbs, yellow.versus blue.
One thing i will put out there is things like the sconces in the bathroom dont work so well with the led, as it only rhe top half.of the bulbs that lights up, need to investigate to find a better style that has better light dispersion, i know they are out there, but they are never on my mind when i go to the store..

bigdee

Commander
I was using phillips mr16s and cree br 30s and all.sorts of failures.. all bulbs staying lit now, but for how long?

One thing i will put out there is things like the sconces in the bathroom dont work so well with the led, as it only rhe top half.of the bulbs that lights up, need to investigate to find a better style that has better light dispersion, i know they are out there, but they are never on my mind when i go to the store..

I leave the outside lights on lake house on 24-7 and they have been on for about 5 years now. They are the cheapest ones that Lowes sells. As far as the sconces I solved that problem by using LED candelabra bulbs from walmart @ $2.85 along with adapter bases off of ebay.....http://www.ebay.com/itm/E27-to-E12-...868229?hash=item25beae0f85:g:lrgAAOxymmJTjrI-