10 Ton Hydraulic Battery Cable Lug Terminal Crimper

sam am I

Commander
I had to make up a few cables today and was curious about the cross section after the press and the band saw was close......I reckon it's a decent low resistance connection :)

SAM_9390a.jpg SAM_9394a.jpg SAM_9391a.jpg

For this price and occasional use, not too bad of a tool to have in the shop.

Attachments

• SAM_9390a.jpg
    SAM_9390a.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 1
  • SAM_9391a.jpg
    SAM_9391a.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 1
  • SAM_9394a.jpg
    SAM_9394a.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
That my friend is a nice crimp.....Wish everyone would do it right!

sam am I

Commander
That my friend is a nice crimp.....Wish everyone would do it right!

Yeah, it does a really nice job.........

+1....................... and great pics also.

I'd agree, perhaps a +2 even ;).......And thank you, it's a microscope w a camera attachment.

Impressive!

It is actually a pretty nice tool for the price Boom. I had to do 22 crimps with it, all spot on perfect!!!

thats one of the tools i have been looking at

Father's day has great benefits, perhaps a slight nudge in the right direction is in order?........14 to 0 AWG

Last edited:

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
Sam, as others have said, that looks perfect. I see that it is 2/0 wire, but the tool only goes to 0. What size did you use for that crimp?

sam am I

Commander
Sam, as others have said, that looks perfect. I see that it is 2/0 wire, but the tool only goes to 0. What size did you use for that crimp?

Apologies for the confusion mjf, the crimper at Harbor Freight linked for MH in post #6 only went to 0 (or 1/0) yes but, the amazon linked crimper up in my original post #1 I bought has metric sizes up to 70mm which I used the 70mm for the 2/0.

awg-cables-sizes2.jpg

Last edited:

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks Sam. I too got an amazon one, and your chart will come in handy.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Very welcome mjf, glad it helped.

The crimp looked so neat, I wish I had some cables to crimp so I could justify buying a tool. However, watching the video, they used cheap little crimp on connectors. I could not determine how the tool did the connector that you pictured.

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
Hey Sam, how about a video tutorial on using these Chinese hydraulic crimper to do a batter terminal. I think that would be helpful, showing the cross reference from AWG to mm2. What do you think?

sam am I

Commander
However, watching the video, they used cheap little crimp on connectors

Yeah, that was really lame what he did, can't believe they actually showed that.....geeesh, that's Horror Freight for ya Boom!! These crimpers are actually made for non-insulation type crimps.:facepalm: I just used hot melt lined heat shrink tubing to seal/cover things up.

SAM_9415a.JPG

Hey Sam, how about a video tutorial on using these Chinese hydraulic crimper to do a batter terminal. I think that would be helpful, showing the cross reference from AWG to mm2. What do you think?

LOL...these clips should help but, I don't tawlk funny like this guy or this guy. And a little more info (1:29-3:00 in particular)

Last edited: