Status
Not open for further replies.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
do you see this?

quote.JPG

aspeck

Staff member
Hmmm. I just got logged out for the 4th time in about 3 or 4 days. I don't know if this is upgrade related or maybe recent-Chrome-flakiness related. (I'm about to dump Chrome) I was logged in continuously for at least six months to a year prior to that. That is all.

bassman, about 3 months ago (I don't know, maybe longer or shorter, time has been flying by lately) I was having severe issues with Chrome. My puter was locking up. Very slow to load, I was getting logged out of a bunch of different sites, etc. I dumped Chrome after loading Firefox (interesting, because I dumped Firefox and went to Chrome about 3 or 4 years ago for the same reasons). Firefox has been working great for me since.

Now, I am not saying it is Chrome, Tony has been working with settings that could have cleared things for you, that is a possibility, but there are just so many variables it is hard to tell. Thanks for letting us know, however, because you never know what little thing might be the key to this whole mess.

EDIT: Where are may paragraphs? Sometimes, in some posts, they show up and some they do not ...

EDIT 2: Interesting how the paragraphs are there in the edit AND the preview, but not in the forum post ...

Last edited:

bassman284

Commander
bassman, about 3 months ago (I don't know, maybe longer or shorter, time has been flying by lately) I was having severe issues with Chrome. My puter was locking up. Very slow to load, I was getting logged out of a bunch of different sites, etc. I dumped Chrome after loading Firefox (interesting, because I dumped Firefox and went to Chrome about 3 or 4 years ago for the same reasons). Firefox has been working great for me since.

Now, I am not saying it is Chrome, Tony has been working with settings that could have cleared things for you, that is a possibility, but there are just so many variables it is hard to tell. Thanks for letting us know, however, because you never know what little thing might be the key to this whole mess.

EDIT: Where are may paragraphs? Sometimes, in some posts, they show up and some they do not ...

EDIT 2: Interesting how the paragraphs are there in the edit AND the preview, but not in the forum post ...

Yeah, I remember your thread on the subject because I was having some of the same issues. I've stayed logged in since my post on the 27th so who knows what the reason for that was. Main issues I'm having with it is heavy memory usage, CPU thrashing and Shockwave Flash mes sages either Not Responding or crashing 5 or 6 times an hour. I think I'll give Firefox a whirl. Ah, still con't correct typos, I see.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
when is the big red banner coming back? many FNG's posting on dead threads.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The red banner didn't stop posting in the deadies, but I like to think it slowed it down. When we had it, I liked the "I know this is an old thread, but ............." - Not.

toneeees

Administrator
that happens too me occasionally. Refresh the page and seems to work.

And no new topics link up top only down low.

The new topics should be back up top.

We want to get the server errors fixed first, then I will check out how hard it will be to do the red bar on this version

minuteman62-64

Lieutenant
It's great to be able to focus on the minor issues, since the site seems to be running smoothly now. OK, minor issue: I usually scroll the "Latest Activity". When I click on a post to read it I can't return to the "Latest Activity" page where I left off. Have to start all over.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
We want to get the server errors fixed first, then I will check out how hard it will be to do the red bar on this version

maybe we can have old threads automatically lock for anyone except mods and the OP.

NYBo

Admiral
Maybe this was already mentioned: I can't edit my signature. I get an error telling me it has too many characters, even if I delete parts of my current sig.

EDIT: It appears that my post count has even included the posts I made during the time when the counts weren't increasing.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I think the post counts have been updated. I think my count went up either yesterday or over night.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Anyone else not seeing
1) Post count
2) the "quote" icon, lower right group
3) Ranks

NYBo

Admiral
i see the post count , and obviously the "quote" icon, and the ranks....everyone is now a cadet

Look next to your the rank insignia. The correct rank is there. Above, everyone is listed as Administrator, Moderator, or Cadet.

r.j.dawg

Ensign
It would appear that regardless of rank, we have all been reduced to "Cadet". Time to suck it up boys and put a good coat of spit polish on those parade boots and show the wing commander who takes out the next Pat Boats. :laugh:

NYBo

Admiral
It would appear that regardless of rank, we have all been reduced to "Cadet". Time to suck it up boys and put a good coat of spit polish on those parade boots and show the wing commander who takes out the next Pat Boats. :laugh:

Look next to your rank insignia.

Status
Not open for further replies.