Trouble with limit on posting pics

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
I am getting this message when I try to post pics in the restoration forum: "Upload failed due to your usergroup's upload quota. This file will require 170.0 KB but you only have 18.7 KB of 976.6 KB remaining." Does anyone know what this means and how I can get it fixed? Thanks.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It isn't this forum. Where are the pics hosted?

Click on the Forum Help link in the sig below and look at the pic posting tutorial.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
I've read that tutorial several times. It doesn't address my question so I thought perhaps someone might have seen this particular issue before.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
They are on my phone and PC. I think it may be possible this has to do with the age of my account? I was active in the forum several years ago and only recently came back. I was able to post a couple pics until it gave me the kB size limitation. I've also gotten several messages saying I'm not authorized to see this page or that when those pages are the links to other forum threads. Thanks for any help or insight.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
I also can't see any "settings" buttons anywhere to check how I am configured in iBOATS forums.

GA_Boater

iboats_tim iboats_zach

I still don't think it's iBoats and the age of your account. Data limits on your phone?

You added pics to your resto thread on June 28th. How did you you do it.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
GA, that's precisely the problem. I added those 2 pics and then got that message when I went to add the 3rd. So, it appears that iBOATS has me in some user group that nobody can identify that limits me to 1 MB total space for posting. I can't imagine in the age of terra and nanobytes that 1 MB should make any difference at all.

GA_Boater

N0, we only have a size limit on pictures because hosting pics cost money and the forum is free.

You have an ISP or phone data limit you're bouncing against from interpreting the error message.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
My ISP is Verizon FIOS and I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 phone using Verizon Wireless. Are you telling me that's what is limiting my ability to post more pics?

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
LOL. Now it's letting me! SMH but great! Thanks for trying to help me out GA. I swear I didn't change a thing.

GA_Boater

My ISP is Verizon FIOS and I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 phone using Verizon Wireless. Are you telling me that's what is limiting my ability to post more pics?

Yep - It ain't us. Congrats on adding the pic.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
You may not have noticed but I tried again in my resto thread and got the same problem. Not to be rude but on what are you basing that statement? I can make a lot of statements but if I don't explain them with some kind of info they aren't necessarily true.

GA_Boater

Let the Admins see what's going on.

At this point, you won't believe anything I say. But we have no data limits except the size of photos, that's all.

This not an iBoats message - "This file will require 170.0 KB but you only have 18.7 KB of 976.6 KB remaining".

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
I prefer not to think in such absolute terms. I apologize if my questions have offended you. I've sent some of my pics to my work and will try to upload them there tonight. Just so you know I'm not sure of anything I will certainly let you know if your statement is correct. I have no pride where modern tech goes so I'm learning virtually every time I try to do something. Incidentally, the photos I've been working with were originally 5 - 6 MB and I (after learning how here) resized them to ~150 - 180 kB each and thus was able to upload them.

There is a key point I wish to make however; You quoted only part of my original message. The entire message I got was this: "Upload failed due to your usergroup's upload quota. This file will require 170.0 KB but you only have 18.7 KB of 976.6 KB remaining." Uploading is a function of the website if I'm not mistaken so there may be more to this than my technological ignorance. I do know that I can upload these to my PC and send/share them in texts and emails so I am not convinced the limitation is my phone or PC. We'll find out soon enough.

GA_Boater

"Upload failed due to your usergroup's upload quota. This file will require 170.0 KB but you only have 18.7 KB of 976.6 KB remaining."

Not an iBoats message. Trust me, we've them all working with pic posting troubles like yours. IBoats has no quotas.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
It would appear I've uncovered a bug then because this is what I get when I try to load a pic from work:"Boat Motor.jpg
Upload failed due to your usergroup's upload quota. This file will require 164.6 KB but you only have 50.1 KB of 976.6 KB remaining."

This is a pic that I sent from my pc at home and tried to upload on a machine at my office. The office machines are in no way connected to my home router. Does this look like it may be iBOATS related? Thanks for looking.

Remember, I joined the forums in 2004 so there may be some mysterious code that doesn't apply to the typical user who joined more recently.

DouglasW

Petty Officer 1st Class
You could just create another account. I had to do that after mine went south and no longer worked for some "unknown" reason.