ETRO for issues?

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Is there an Estimated Time for Return to Operations for the issues we've been having?

I really miss being able to multi-quote when replying to posts.

And didn't we used to have the ability to search individual forums as well as individual threads? Or did I mix something up somewhere?

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like overall traffic is down since the recent change. Or maybe that's because it's winter in most places and folks just aren't doing much regarding boat stuff. :noidea:

jbcurt00

Staff member
The current ETRO is as long as it takes.

wish there was a better answer available

the swap and its fixing its associated problems, is getting more time, effort, manpower AND money then I'd care to speculate. But on all counts, it is considerable.....

Its incredibly complicated...

southkogs

Staff member
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like overall traffic is down since the recent change. Or maybe that's because it's winter in most places and folks just aren't doing much regarding boat stuff. :noidea:
It's a little of both. It's off season, but the "upgrade" was a full-on knee buster on a couple of different levels. All the kings horses and all the kings men are trying to unscramble the egg. Pretty much a couple steps forward, and a couple steps back simultaneously.

And didn't we used to have the ability to search individual forums as well as individual threads?
That functionatity is actually still there - just in a weird spot. Up in the search bar, you see advanced search. When you click on that, a menu should appear showing you "FORUM OR STORE":

Click image for larger version  Name:	HDR_search.png Views:	1 Size:	28.8 KB ID:	10537805

Click on FORUM SEARCH, and it should put you in a menu to conduct your search. The list of forums is down at the bottom.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
The current ETRO is as long as it takes.

wish there was a better answer available

the swap and its fixing its associated problems, is getting more time, effort, manpower AND money then I'd care to speculate. But on all counts, it is considerable.....

Its incredibly complicated...

Okay, thanks.

When I worked on this project, it was incredibly complicated too.

Hopefully a customer forum upgrade ain't rocket science. :p :biggrin-new:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
It's a little of both. It's off season, but the "upgrade" was a full-on knee buster on a couple of different levels. All the kings horses and all the kings men are trying to unscramble the egg. Pretty much a couple steps forward, and a couple steps back simultaneously.

That functionatity is actually still there - just in a weird spot. Up in the search bar, you see advanced search. When you click on that, a menu should appear showing you "FORUM OR STORE":

Click on FORUM SEARCH, and it should put you in a menu to conduct your search. The list of forums is down at the bottom.

Couple steps forward, couple steps back. Sounds familiar.... like my Kingfisher project! :rolleyes: :lol:

Okay, I see the forum search function. Not quite as elegant as a "Search This Forum" button at the top menu.

Did the thread search function go away completely?

southkogs

Staff member
Did the thread search function go away completely?
Unless I'm missing another way to do it, I think the "function" is still there but it's been assimilated into the "complete" search.

When you start typing into the search bar at the top of the screen, it actually asks you where you want to search while you're typing:
Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 8.32.59 AM.png
You can click to limit the search to the store or the forums.

The idea is to help blend the talkin' and sellin'. But right now I think it's probably been too kludgy to be affective ... again, all the kings horses and all the kings men ... :rolleyes: