where to sign in to iboats forums

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Is this something new that anyone can post without joining? cant log in, ip address cant be used but can still post replys and new posts?

jbcurt00

Staff member
My guess is that your computer is autologging you in when you use a saved bookmark, or the iboats server recognizes your computer....

Did you check the Remember Me box when you logged in last time?

Update/upgrade growing pains, apologies...

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Sometimes when I do a virus scan it dumps my sign ons and I have to re-enter them not being able to log on or even contact anyone by email or phone would make it difficult to get back on.

Bondo

Staff member
Yer here, 'n yer postin', so I guess you Are signed in,.....

When I came on earlier, I see the sign in window, top right corner, so tried to do so,....
It appears to be a Store sign in, not the Forum sign in,.....

If I wasn't still signed in, the Mod tools wouldn't work, 'n I wouldn't see 'em,....

Lotta things are really different, 'n I don't think I like alot of it,....

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
So then should we become un-logged, how/where do we log in then? What about the pvt messages and such?

Fun Times

Staff member
Correct with Bondo... There are two different log in sections...One for the store and one for the forum.....If I recall what Tim mentioned a few days ago correctly, one thing they were going to try and set up was merging the store and forum sign-in (log-in) together to help make shopping easier at the store.

This new site/program is going to get some (okay plenty of) tweaking done in the back ground to make it more appearance & user friendly.....Hope everyone will be able to remain patient in the meantime. If you were able to survive the main vbulletin 5 downgrade a few years ago.....These little setbacks today will be like boating over small ripples in the water caused by a school of fish boiling on a calm day.:encouragement:...Hang in there guys and gals.

I didn't have to Log-in either to post on the forum even though there was an area that it looked like I should have....But that area turned out to be for the store side which became apparent to me because for me the store uses (has) a different email address while the forum side has another email address.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
I know , I called the store to start an account and to find out why I couldnt log in, for the storethere is a log in but there is no contact for email either, tried twice and came back as undeliverable

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
When you log in to the store you are logged into the store. We only have one log in now and it ties the forum and store together.

If you click your username on the top right corner, there are many new options, including messages.

I don't like the way it is now, especially having store info in the forum.

NYBo

Admiral
Correct with Bondo... There are two different log in sections...One for the store and one for the forum.....If I recall what Tim mentioned a few days ago correctly, one thing they were going to try and set up was merging the store and forum sign-in (log-in) together to help make shopping easier at the store.
I like the idea of integrating the two logins, but my prior orders don't show up anymore, even though I used the same address for the forums and the shopping area. Not a huge deal, though I might like to see when I ordered an item or want to order an item again.

southkogs

Staff member
NYBo - Bob, check the "Click Old Website" at the top of the browser page. I couldn't get to any of my old orders either, but I didn't have too many web orders - so, I'm not really a good test subject.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
NYBo - Bob, check the "Click Old Website" at the top of the browser page. I couldn't get to any of my old orders either, but I didn't have too many web orders - so, I'm not really a good test subject.

Yes - This works, the old website has everything for the store the way it used to be, I tried, so I know it works.

NYBo

Admiral

Yep, that did the trick. Thanks.