Random

alldodge

Staff member
Looks good :thumb:

I'm trying to get a seized lower pin out and not having much luck.

Photo1540.jpg

alldodge

Staff member
Tried a torch yet on the housing?

Took a torch to another one that I replaced and it didn't help. Worst part about Kubota is they use mild steel for pins. So I can use a sawzall to cut the pin, but still need something to press the pin out. I cut the first one out and since it was on a cylinder, was able to take the cylinder to the press

Some have said to drill thru and use some all thread and remove that way. Problem with all thread is its not hard enough and would just strip since a 20T jack isn't moving it

alldodge

Staff member
Yep, used that on the first one, and it being mild steel the pin just mushroomed and made matters worst. Going to try a press one more time, and if that doesn't work, going to try a HEF idea.
Cut the pin on both sides off and remove the bracket.
Drill the center out almost clear thru.
Will try all thread but may just use a grade 8 bolt with head cut off, then weld inside the hole
Piece of pipe and nut to supply pressure and heat it with a torch to heat up

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Took a torch to another one that I replaced and it didn't help. Worst part about Kubota is they use mild steel for pins. So I can use a sawzall to cut the pin, but still need something to press the pin out. I cut the first one out and since it was on a cylinder, was able to take the cylinder to the press

Some have said to drill thru and use some all thread and remove that way. Problem with all thread is its not hard enough and would just strip since a 20T jack isn't moving it

We get our hardened all thread from the local steel suppler. Usually have to order it ahead of time.

alldodge

Staff member
Got it out, used a 2 jar puller, torch and hammer.
Photo1541.jpgPhoto1542.jpgPhoto1543.jpgPhoto1544.jpg

To do the all thread I needed to move the tractor over to the shop, just thought I would give this a try. Using the thread and pipe would only allow me to apply heat to one side

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Persistents pays off !
Or not much choice if ya want to use the tractor ..:D
Congrats !

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Wait a second. Isn't that a two jaw "pusher" now instead of a "puller"... lol

WIMUSKY

Staff member
When truck drivers retire and go camping.... All custom made with the guys last truck.... If you want, click on pic to make it bigger

Click image for larger version  Name:	received_282999919293268.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	37.8 KB ID:	10716943

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i belong to a FB group for old boat ads.

5T1ekbK.jpg