Skunk encounter

Tyme2fish

Commander
I took Big Dog out for his 12:00 AM walk and got just a whiff of skunk smell in the air. The neighbor's dog was gifted with an encounter this morning and I thought this might be the residual aroma.

Big Dog was off lead and started going nuts behind where I park my truck. I finally grabbed the dog and he started rolling all over the wet grass and sneezing. O.K., he got hit with a small spray. I had to pick the stupid dog up to get him back into the garage where I attached his lead.

We both returned to the attack area and Big Dog is digging up under the wooden step into my boat barn. I then remove Big Dog from the scene and grab a hoe from the garage with which to move this step that is just sitting over the gravel leading to the barn door. Whoa!! There is a small skunk who luckily has his eyes pointed at me. I tell Mr. Young Skunk to just relax while I fetch my .22 rifle. Another quick run to the garage to retrieve my weapon and well, I'll just let y'all guess about the skunk.

I better take a shower before I go to bed.:yield:

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Re: Skunk encounter

:eek: A couple of years ago my main mostest floating buddy and I were camped on a gravel bar on the Current River. We were awakened in the wee hours by some most unfriendly critter chatter and banging around in the kitchen area. My assumption that we were hearing coons or possums was disproved when Main Mostest espied a surfeit of skunks as he was taking a leak. I don't know what invisible force stayed the hand that was itching to punch the tent wall in an attempt to drive off the critter(s) scraping against it, but upon discovering the source of the disruption I sure was glad I yielded to it.:faint2: