Why don't we have a quote feature here?

ZmOz

Captain
Why is it that this board doesn't have a quote button? It gets really confusing without it when you're trying to respond to something that isn't the last post in a thread. Every other board I visit (about 15) has one...and I use it all the time....<br /><br />Just a thought... ;)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Why don't we have a quote feature here?

It is right there, ZmOz, in the listing of UBB codes.<br /><br />Just below the reply screen.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

ZmOz

Captain

But most boards have a button right there next to the reply button that says "quote". Clicking it automatically takes you to a reply form, pre filled with all the code and the quote from the person...along with the username of the person who posted it.

JB

But what you call "most boards" use different software.<br /><br />This is how iboats does it.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

This is just a test of new found info.<br /><br />
It is right there, ZmOz, in the listing of UBB codes
Hey! Kewl. I wondered how they did that. :cool: <br /><br />I wonder how many other neat things you can do with all those buttons? :eek:

SpinnerBait_Nut

This has poof wrote all over it.

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer

You cant blame a guy for tryin. ;) <br /><br />I'm just a trouble maker today aint I :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Just hit the quote button, then copy and paste the words you want to quote.<br /><br />
I'm just a trouble maker today aint I

ZmOz

Captain

Just hit the quote button, then copy and paste the words you want to quote.<br />
I know you can do that...but it's alot more work and doesn't give the username of the person who posted it without even more work. I'm just wondering why this forum doesn't have that button...I would think the person who set up the forum would have actually had to go through more work to remove that feature from the board.

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I thought the functionality would clutter up the board. If you guys/gals want it, I made it active. We do what we can to please you when possible. :)

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by Admin5:<br />I thought the functionality would clutter up the board. If you guys/gals want it, I made it active. We do what we can to please you when possible. :)
Cool!!! :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Just a thought... <br />
Hmmm didn't know about all this stuff... Glad someone asked :) <br /><br />Thanks