Read when you are feeling blue

Ralph 123

Captain
One of my closest friends, and bestest boating buddy in the world found out Christmas eve that his wife (also a good friend of mine) has advanced cancer and has just a 35% chance of surviving 5 years. She is only 42.<br /><br />It started out a few weeks ago with what we all thought was a bad tooth and infection that would not go away. It turned out she has cancer in her upper jaw, cheek and is in her lymph nodes. They have to remove half her face and her eye. They can't even reconstruct it. All they can do it graft over it.<br /><br />The saving grace is her youth and the fact she'll have some of the best doctors in the world at the Mass General which is a world know medical facility affiliated with Harvard Medical School.<br /><br />So no matter how bad your Christmas has been or how bad things seem, it could be a lot worse as it is for my poor buddy.

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Read when you are feeling blue

So no matter how bad your Christmas has been or how bad things seem, it could be a lot worse as it is for my poor buddy.<br />
Even worse for his poor wife I would say.<br /><br />Truly a sad story.

Ralph 123

Captain

Yes of coarse. meant to say "poor buddy and his wife."<br /><br />I had them over the day before when things looked brighter (at first they thought it was limited to the upper jaw which is 100% curable) and they were both in good spirits. I just wish the docs had waited until today to tell them the true extent of it all.

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer

My wife has a very good freind, her best freind in fact and her husband got diagnosed with Cancer of the lymph nodes the day before christmas eve this year.<br /><br />She called my wife in tears.<br /><br />My question is why couldnt the doctors wait till after christmas.<br /><br />Was two days going to make that big of a difference??

tylerin

Commander

Sorry to here about your buddies Ralph, thats devastating. She's the exact same age as myself, and I couldn't imagine.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I'm so sorry to hear about your friends. It is so sad and heartbreaking. She's in my age bracket. I believe in miracles. I hope and pray you and they do to. Love can do anything. Don't stop believing, even if the doctors do. :) <br />Bassy

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

A friend of mine lost most of his lower jaw to cancer. Three months after his surgery, his wife was diagnosed with extensive breest cancer. After several surgeries for both, chemo, and radiation, all appeared well. Then they got the news last week....<br />...<br />...<br />...<br />...<br />...<br />...<br />...<br /> They're going to have TRIPLETS!!!!<br /><br />We all feel this was God's reward for their troubles. Stand by them, keep them going, don't let them quit.

Carphunter

Commander

Ralph, my heart goes out to your friend and his wife............. and you.<br /><br />They will be in our prayers for sure.