Man forced into "baaad" marriage

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Man forced into "baaad" marriage

I hope this doesn't bleat, I mean bleed, over into the HOTD thread.

Jinx

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Man forced into "baaad" marriage

When I was touring Scotland, I found an nice old pub that looked like it had been "the place to be" for 100 years. I strolled in and sat at the bar,which was across the room from a great stone fireplace, and ordered a pint. After a couple of minutes of basically soaking the place in, I took notice that the fellow sitting next to me was lost in his pint. He had been staring into it since I sat down. I was daydreaming about other stuff when all of a sudden, without looking up, he bellows out "Boy!". And it startled me and I looked around, thinking (as much as hoping) he was not referring to me. Then he looks right at me and with a heavy Scot accent says "Do you know who I am?" and I said "No sir..." and then he says "Well, did you see that brick fence outside, the one that surrounds this property? I built it with my own hands, brick by brick, it took me nearly two weeks to finish it. But do they call me Shawn the fence builder?... No!..." and then he takes a good drink and looks back into his pint. I say nothing, and just when I'm about to figure out how I refined my talent for finding these kinds of people everywhere I go, he stares right at me again and with the heavy Scot accent says "Do you see this bar you're drinking at? Look at the grain of the wood! I built this bar with my own hands - even cut down the tree. From start to finish it took me over 3 months. But do they call me Shawn the bar builder?... No!..." and at that he has another good drink and looks away. I'm thinking I'm about ready to leave at this point. I mean, I'm all about local color and all, but this is getting a little nutty...he interrupts my thoughts, staring at me again and says "Hey!, do you see that stone fireplace? I built it with my own hands - stone by stone - which I quarried. It took me nearly 6 months to finish it. But do they call me Shawn the fireplace builder?...No!..." and then he looks around, and leans in closer to me, and in a Scottish whisper says "But you shag ONE goat..."