Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
  • Dear Community Members,

Over the last two years, there have been updates to the environment that have introduced challenges in usability, performance, and security. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface and site performance have revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software our site uses. This has made it increasingly difficult and frustrating to support and upgrade to more modern reliable standards that users deserve. This is not the experience we want for the members of this community.

Members want a fast site that performs well across all devices, to be able to find relevant and interesting content, and easily share through text, images, video, and messaging on a secure platform. Our goal is to provide this user experience to all members. We will be updating to a new platform to better meet the needs of this community and allow us to provide support more efficiently. Our focus is to create a sustainable platform that performs well and loads faster on all devices while offering seamless ways to search and connect. Technology is constantly innovating - by creating an environment that we control we can maintain the site with more frequent improvements and maintenance updates.

Although change can be difficult, we are here to support you through the process. We make every effort to review existing settings and make the changes needed so the migration goes smoothly. If you notice something doesn’t seem correct once the site goes live, don’t panic! We’ll have a dedicated person monitoring as the site goes live to answer any questions and provide support through this change. What’s next?

When will this be happening? The plan is to put our current forums into maintenance mode (off line) at around 9am MST on 9/30/2020! The whole transition should take 24-36 hours. We recognize the user experience is slow and there are bugs from the outdated software. The sooner we can change that the better we can make the experience for you. You’ll start to see activity related to cleanup in preparation for migration very shortly. We will post an announcement to the community prior to starting the actual data migration.

We appreciate each member’s contribution to this community and look forward to an improved experience for you all.

- Management

Announcement

Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

Dock Stix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dock Stix

Saw these advertised and was wondering if anyone has used them and what are your thoughts?

https://jewelbait.com/shop/details/d...kstix-set-of-2

I am interested in your thoughts and wondering if I should try them
    "My Mistress", My Wife, and Me!!!
    2019 Ford F-150 w/3.5L EcoBoost and 06 Sea Ray 195 Sport
    The Water is my Playground.

They seem that they may work if all the stars are aligned. #1 - Boat deck and dock have to be close to the same distance above water line according to their ad.. #2 - May not reach the cleats on every dock. I know the cleats on the different docks I use around here don't seem to have a uniform spacing or have some missing and it requires different lengths of line to tie up. If I interpet the picture right they may not work if you have to go 5 or feet to catch the second cleat. Plus I am thrifty and probably have 15 to 20 extra fenders I have found over the years hanging in my shop.
    The last suit you wear won't need any pockets. You might as well spend it on a boat.

Comment

Doesn't sound friendly to Tidal water...

Comment

So many variables at work for any one thing to be the "magic bullet" of protection like that. Water is fluid and does rest...ever... So neither will your boat. And movement of any type spells bumping into the dock. You just hope the bumps are minor and don't leave a mark. JMHO
        Tom Boy Boat Project https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...s-what-trailer
        Rebuilt trailer project https://forums.iboats.com/forum/gener...r-back-to-life
        '76 40 HP Johnson rebuild https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engin...mplete-rebuild
        Minn Kota 599 Project https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ta-599-project

Comment

look at dock whips. much more friendly in tidal areas or if there is a bunch of boat traffic
          Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
          1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
          2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
          1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I have the same style for my pontoon, have withstood more than a couple big wind thunderstorms flawlessly. Once you get used to doing it you tie off just as fast as going just ropes.

Comment

I ordered a set of the Dockstix. Where I am at is a lake with very little water level fluctation. It is maintained at a constant level year round and I am tied to a floating dock. I will let you know how they work out.
              "My Mistress", My Wife, and Me!!!
              2019 Ford F-150 w/3.5L EcoBoost and 06 Sea Ray 195 Sport
              The Water is my Playground.

Comment

If they had a spring or elastic cord inside they might be better to allow for tide or water fluctuations?
                1978 Grew 194 with Merc 165 inline6, MC1 drive

Comment

The poster is not in an area that has tides or water level fluctuations.

Comment

Originally posted by Harritwo View Post
                    I ordered a set of the Dockstix. Where I am at is a lake with very little water level fluctation. It is maintained at a constant level year round and I am tied to a floating dock. I will let you know how they work out.

So how are they working for you?

Comment

Working...
                    X