warm where you are at?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Today is our twentieth (20th) consecutive day over 32C

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
we are down on rain and up on temp...... average high temp every day has been 95F (35C)

gm280

Supreme Mariner
We are having 95 plus temp for a while now. It rains sporadically some evenings, but the humidity with the heat makes it very bad to work in. They are telling people to drink plenty of water and take lots and lots of breaks or try to stay inside if possible. But then it is summer in Georgia! Typical situation here.

southkogs

Staff member
Official temp here today was 92F (33C), but the thermometer at the house said 96F. Truck said it was 103F on the way home from the office.

This summer has actually been mild for us so far. This is the first full week in the upper 90s, and the evenings have been very nice.

aspeck

Staff member
Last summer we had 7 total days above 90. This year we had 7 days in a row over 90 ... I think we have had about 15 days above 90 already ...

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Anything above 25C here and everyone is complaining how hot it is! I can see sitting in the shade with an ice cold beer at 32C but i can't imagine working in that heat outdoors.....

southkogs

Staff member
at 32C ... I'm thinking it cooled off some, let's go outside!! I was working outside today for a few hours ... 96F ... See Scott's post.

Tassie 1

Chief Petty Officer
At 10 degs C it's not particularly warm here ( Tasmania ) at the moment. ( 7pm )
At a un educated guess l would say it ' feels like ' 6 degs
it IS the middle of winter here atm though

The forecast gale winds has turned up...a little later than expected.
Was supposed to be while we were watching the under 8's play their first footy ( AFL ) game this season, due to the plague restrictions.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
At 10 degs C it's not particularly warm here ( Tasmania ) at the moment. ( 7pm )
At a un educated guess l would say it ' feels like ' 6 degs
it IS the middle of winter here atm though

The forecast gale winds has turned up...a little later than expected.
Was supposed to be while we were watching the under 8's play their first footy ( AFL ) game this season, due to the plague restrictions.

Do you guys ever get snow there? We had 9C here a few days ago and its the middle of summer! However i'm off now for a couple of weeks and the forecast calling for mid to low 20's which just right for me. I think temp's are something your body gets used to, I know people from the cooler southern part of this province who think 20C is too warm!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Absolutely miserable here in N Fla ..The humidity is what kills you . Glad I'm on the night shift working inside atm ..

southkogs

Staff member
Heading back up to the mid-90s today. Borrowing humidity from Sam down in Florida to make it nice and oppressive :D - - Heat index will stay over 100.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I some times can take the heat, well somewhat, but once you factor in the humidity, all bets are off. And since that is what we get most everyday now, working outside is pretty much nil. Our daily heat indices are well over triple digits for a long time forward now. My shop is just a little less, but once it hits the upper 80's with the humidity in there, I'm finished. Fans only blow hot sticky air but do nothing to cool you down. But it is summer in Georgia and that is the typical order for summers.

Tassie 1

Chief Petty Officer
Do you guys ever get snow there? We had 9C here a few days ago and its the middle of summer! However i'm off now for a couple of weeks and the forecast calling for mid to low 20's which just right for me. I think temp's are something your body gets used to, I know people from the cooler southern part of this province who think 20C is too warm!

We live on the east coast...the nicer side of the island LOL
Snowfalls here aren't common, if they do happen over night the snow has usually gone by 10 am,
Lasts a little longer in the hills 30 mins away,

The " proper " snow fields are around 4 hours away,
The ' windy, wild ' ( literally ) west coast gets far more snow than we do.
We do not like snow.