Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

Old U-joint help. 78 motorhome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old U-joint help. 78 motorhome

Hello all , I could use some help on ujoints .

It's a 78 dodge class C motorhome , it has a carrier support bearing as well . I have a good rumble around 30mph and the carrier bearing has seen better days . So gonna fix it all.

The ujoints appear to be "inside clip" style

One side the numbers say "2781 937" the other side of U-joint says "detroit"

I figured a quick Google search would find good modern replacements , not that easy .

Any ideas of a part number that are a good replacement ? I need 3

Thanks a ton
    1977 Bellboy 18 footer / 175 HP OMC 302 / 83 Mechanical outdrive

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

These guys will help you regardless of where you reside and cross part numbers over for you. If my short (of course) diesel pusher ever needs work, that's where I will take mine for rebuild and balacne http://dansdriveline.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sam60 View Post
      These guys will help you regardless of where you reside and cross part numbers over for you. If my short (of course) diesel pusher ever needs work, that's where I will take mine for rebuild and balacne http://dansdriveline.com/

awesome , thanks for the link Sam , I will shoot them an email if I strike out

also , I removed the space on that part number and found this on Ebay , this is what I have on there now (I know pics always help) They have that same funky strap thingy going across as well .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-1968-...QAAOSwrGpemFf5

apparently I will be rich after replacing these , just sell the used ones on Ebay and I can fill up the boat and motorhome a few times

one good thing from that listing is the "Yoke 7290" part , at least its something to go on.
      Last edited by Redrig; May 17th, 2020, 11:20 PM.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Does a 68-71 Hemi Cuda come attached to those 325 buck u-joints? And you need 3.

The Ebay guy is selling parts for 100 point restoration trailer queens. You don't need parts like that.

Go to an auto parts store, you might be surprised how cheap you can get one without a classic car attached.
        BOAT SPECS | FORUM HELP | STARCRAFT FORUM | SHOP iBoats
        Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
        That is what the forums are for.
        Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

should be a 7290 MOPAR "big" about a $17 spicer part

however could be the 1350
          Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
          1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
          2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
          1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Found a few more threads about these same Ujoints on various sites .

It looks like they are indeed the 7290 "big" Ujoints , so I will be grabbing some spicer 5-1309x for the rebuild, and those are greasables.

as tempting as it is , I think I am gonna pass on the $325 Ebay one

Comment

I was merely trying to share the name of a shop that might be able to share crossover #'s. Consider the advice refunded. 😉

Comment

Working...
              X