Northeast Spring countdown...

Expidia

Commander
I just asked Siri how many days till Spring and she said 63 days! I think our earliest splashdown was a few years back on the Hudson River on March 22nd. In the Northeast you never know what the weather will be. Past Sat. It was 64 here in Albany, NY. and 70 in Boston which is a few hours East of us.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Yes just cleared off the 3" of snow in the driveway - it has been fairly mild so far..........

WIMUSKY

Staff member
So did I and the high was 0 F...... Closer to 93 days for us, hopefully... I suppose 63 days is the calendar date, March 19th....

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
Sunny and 32 here with a dusting of snow. Supposed to get sloppy tonight/tomorrow with, I kid you not, a weather report of, "a few to some inches of snow before turning to mixed precipitation and becoming a mess." Oh to be able to "predict" like that and still keep your job...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
6-10" tonite into tomorrow morn and high winds...

Old Ironmaker

Captain
We got around 6", that's about 20 CM, of the stuff this AM. I said that I had better try and shovel some before my lady got home. I had to clean the snow off my satelite dish as no signal, oh my that's an emergency for me. The least I could do was shovel a path for hersince she's up at 05:30 to go into work each and everyday. When I started it was the nice light fluffy stuff. Then it started raining at that light stuff got very heavy, no very very heavy. If I had waited an hour it would have been all gone by now. Now it's pouring out. If the temp drops 1 degree driving will be perilous. She's 1/2 way home.

edit: Siri has to be one of the most intelligent woman I have ever known. The most intelligent person, man or woman, would be my Mom. When we were kids she would say the "Encyclopedia Britannica" was wrong, "Don't believe everything you read boys." Right up until she passed she would tell the Grand kids the Internet was wrong. Oh Mum. She was probably right.