Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

2019 Nascar - Daytona, Race #1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank's Jimmy, you won me $ 40.00
    If ya can't fix it with a hammer,ya got yourself an electrical problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 64osby View Post
      After inspection he may not be the winner.
      I don't know what the inspection rules are on non points races, I know they can work on the cars during a red flag in a non points race.

Comment

Originally posted by 64osby View Post
        After inspection he may not be the winner.
        Nah, Chad is crewin' for Byron now. LOL

Plenty of people unhappy with JJ for taking out Menard. 21 crew said one zigged and the other zagged.

But I'll blame Jimmie too so I'm in the majority. LOL

Looking at the retweet of FOX in Pockrass's Twitter feed, I'll go with the zig-zag. Small movement down by Menard as Johnson moved up a little. Often it is a game of inches or less.

If you want, look for yourself at the FOX:Nascar tweet in Pockrass threads; https://twitter.com/bobpockrass
        BOAT SPECS • FORUM HELP • STARCRAFT FORUM • SHOP iboats
        Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
        That is what the forums are for.
        Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Originally posted by GA_Boater View Post

Nah, Chad is crewin' for Byron now. LOL

Plenty of people unhappy with JJ for taking out Menard. 21 crew said one zigged and the other zagged.

But I'll blame Jimmie too so I'm in the majority. LOL

Looking at the retweet of FOX in Pockrass's Twitter feed, I'll go with the zig-zag. Small movement down by Menard as Johnson moved up a little. Often it is a game of inches or less.

If you want, look for yourself at the FOX:Nascar tweet in Pockrass threads; https://twitter.com/bobpockrass
          I have no problem at all with what happened, anymore than I did with Larson and Bush last year, the guys were racing and things didn't turn out the way some wanted.

Jimmie had more fight in his eyes today than I have seen for a couple of years now, the marriage had become stale, after all this time, I think he and Chad needed new challenges, it had become old school Sunday afternoons on the track with Chad and Jimmie, they both have something to prove again. Jimmie wants to prove he is a race car driver without Chad and Chad wants to prove that he can have a strong hand in molding the next generation of great drivers.

Today started that friendly challenge it will be fun to see the outcome at the end of the season.

What I am going to find real interesting is when it comes down to William and Jimmie racing for the win, Chad the veteran against Jimmie's new crew chief who is a cup rookie, how is that going to play out!

Last edited by MTboatguy; February 10th, 2019, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I saw the big one while our group stopped at an establishment to rest, grab a Pepsi and warm up. Sledding was great! Snowing and everything. 2 of us guys, our wives and another lady... My gift to the wife on her bday.... lol

Comment

I think that your gift to you on the Admiral's BD. I could be wrong.

Comment

Nope. She wanted to ride. Even let her use my sled...

Comment

I believe we are going to see a different Jimmy this year...one that is going to use his bumper more often.
                  The Ford Mustangs looked to be running well. The Chevy Carmaros didn`t seem to get cars running good until later in the year last year. The Toyotas didn`t seem to have anything for the Fords or Chevys.
                  I hope that we do not see a Daytona freight train...how boring that will be.

Comment

I think we will see the train. No matter what aero changes are made, the train is the only way to stay in the lead pack with plates and reduced power. I think the plate holes are even smaller with the latest rules package.

Here is the Thursday through Sunday schedule from MRN;

Thursday, February 14

Gander Outdoors Truck Series Practice: 2:35 p.m.-3:25 p.m. (FS2)

Gander Outdoors Truck Series Final Practice: 4:35 p.m.-5:25 p.m. (FS2)

Radio Pre-Race: 6:00 p.m. (MRN)
                    Monster Energy Cup Series Duel at Daytona: 7:00 p.m. (MRN, FS1)

Friday, February 15

Xfinity Series Practice: 12:05 p.m.-12:55 p.m. (FS1)

Monster Energy Cup Series Practice: 1:05 p.m.-1:55 p.m. (MRN, FS1)

Xfinity Series Final Practice: 2:05 p.m.-2:55 p.m. (FS1)

Monster Energy Cup Series Practice: 3:05 p.m.-3:55 p.m. (MRN, FS1)

Gander Outdoors Truck Series Qualifying: 4:40 p.m. (FS1)

Radio Pre-Race: 7:00 p.m. (MRN)
                    Gander Outdoors Truck Series NextEra Energy 250: 7:30 p.m. (MRN, FS1)

Saturday, February 16

Xfinity Series Qualifying: 9:40 a.m. (FS1)

Monster Energy Cup Series Final Practice: 12:05 p.m.-12:55 p.m. (MRN, FS1)

Radio Pre-Race: 2:00 p.m. (MRN)
                    Xfinity Series Daytona 300: 2:30 p.m. (MRN, FS1)

Sunday, February 17

Radio Pre-Race: 1:30 p.m. (MRN)
                    Monster Energy Cup Series Daytona 500: 2:30 p.m. (MRN, FOX)

Comment

I will second the No to the Daytona Freight train! Jimmie got excited when he saw the weather closing in and new the race was going to end soon, so he ended it on his terms! LOL! Seriously, I do believe it was a bold move by Jimmie and a blocking move by Menard ... neither realized how close the other was and the result was a lot of recycled steel, aluminum, and plastic, with some rubber thrown in for good measure. A junkyard man’s dream!

Comment

Tomorrow at 7PM the rest of the 500 starting spots will be raced out through the Duels.

With demise of Jayski's, finding what he used to provide is hard. One of the changes this year is the new rules package. For example, this D500 is the last restrictor plate race. Don't jump up and cheer! The new thing is tapered spacers. As The Twerp said today during Media Day - β€œTapered spacers are still restrictor plates.” There is still hope for the boy. Nah!

The following shows the tapered spacer size and Aeroducts, whatever they are, for each track. So all tracks will have restrictors by any name. I don't understand the "no change" for the 1.170" taper. Those tracks didn't use any type of restriction prior to 2019. One other thing is fuel mileage is changed up or down depending on what size plate. Nascar's answer - Block part of the fuel tank so mileage will be about the same per fill up. Ever wonder why Nascar is losing fans? Slow the cars down and now talk of shortening races so slower cars can finish races in the same TV window. Wanna fix that - Dump stage racing which wastes about 20 minutes per race. Some brain trust that runs Nascar now!

Click image for larger version

Name:	plateracing.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	10705382

Comment

So Dega isn't technically a restrictor plate race. We only have 1 plate race this year... Or they're all plate races...

Comment

I would rather see the good ole days where cars that hit the set up right could pull away and leave the field. There would be different packs running. To me....that would be better racing than one big freight train with one mistake taking out half of the field.

Comment

Bill Elliott's Ford set up should be the standard for Daytona and Talladega. 212.809 mph during qualifying at Dega in 1987 is the fastest official lap. Incidentally Awesome Bill's record speed and a major wreck during the Winston 500 ripping up the catch fence and scattering debris into the stands resulted in plate racing as we know it today. That is until the non-restrictive tapered spacer starting at Atlanta next week.

Rusty Wallace went 216.309 in his Dodge in 2004 at Dega, but it wasn't a sanctioned Nascar event and isn't the "official" speed.

I wonder how fast a unrestricted car with the current aero design would go? In 1987 Elliott was driving a brick.

Today we have Truck practice and the Duels at 7PM - All of it on FS1.

Comment

Originally posted by GA_Boater View Post
                                Bill Elliott's Ford set up should be the standard for Daytona and Talladega. 212.809 mph during qualifying at Dega in 1987 is the fastest official lap. Incidentally Awesome Bill's record speed and a major wreck during the Winston 500 ripping up the catch fence and scattering debris into the stands resulted in plate racing as we know it today. That is until the non-restrictive tapered spacer starting at Atlanta next week.

Rusty Wallace went 216.309 in his Dodge in 2004 at Dega, but it wasn't a sanctioned Nascar event and isn't the "official" speed.

I wonder how fast a unrestricted car with the current aero design would go? In 1987 Elliott was driving a brick.

Today we have Truck practice and the Duels at 7PM - All of it on FS1.
                                Rusty did 228 down the front/back stretch...in a brick...!!!
                                With todays areo packages and the horse power engines of the good ole days I would think they could easily hit 240...that is if someone was brave enough to try it...

Comment

Working...
                                X