SUPER BOWL Sunday!

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I'm surprised that we don't have a Super Bowl thread or I can't find one.

It's a push so I played the over/under. I took the over. Neither defences are Gang Busters. Serving New England clam chowder and Tofu at 1/2 time. Isn't that what Los Angelinos eat, stuff like that crud. A former Buffalo Bill told me he eats Tofu every day so I did too. For about 3 days and that's all I could digest. Like eating,,,,,,,,,,,well it's like eating nothing.

sam60

Captain
I watched a documentary on the construction of the stadium last night on the science channel, It was good. If I miss the super bowl, I'll survive.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I may watch some of the game . Depends on kick off time I will probably putting another coat of varnish on the boat .
‘What time is kick off ?

harringtondav

Commander
I haven't watched the dang thing for longer than I can remember. Sun night @ 8:00 pm? I had to be at work early the next am. So parties were a no-go. Then I retired. It starts 1-2 hrs before nite-nite. I can catch the highlights the next day. Besides, this one is illegitimate. Saints got robbed.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
They better open the roof! The Thunderbirds are doing the fly over.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
My goal is to finish sanding the boat and be ready for gel

GA_Boater

In the just finished 1st Q, Brady threw an INT, got sacked and Goskowski missed a FG.

Goff has no sacks or INTs and no yardage - Only 17 passing.

It's a blowout! :lol:

aspeck

Staff member
Just started watching with 5 minutes to go in the first have ... a defensive game ... Defenses win Championships...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Made it in from varnishing in time to watch the half time show .. It was ok .. I can never understand a word these new ,I guess, artist say ... :noidea:
‘Quite the defensive game ...

aspeck

Staff member
I liked the 100 years of NFL party commercial ... halftime show ... nah ... we now have a tied game 3-3! The offenses are humming!

GA_Boater

No shutout. Rams get a 53 yd. FG to tie the game in the lowest scoring SB through 3 quarters.

The NFL 100 commercial was the best so far, but I haven't been paying close attention cuz I keep dozing off. LOL

GA_Boater

Regardless who won, this is probably one of, if not the worst SB ever.

Brady gets #6.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Wow what a game eh???? If you are a defensive kind of fan I guess. My 2 brothers and I went to our 91 year old Dad's in Hamiton ONT to watch the game. He was over the Moon. I have an hours drive so left at 1/2 time otherwise I would have to spend the night, he urged me to stay, I should have, I won't drink an oz.of booze and drive. Hit a patch of black ice and ended up in a corn field in my wifes little Kia. How I got out unscathed is beyond me. I didn't let the car stop and just drove out on an angle, no ditch just a 2 foot drop. Checked the car and no serious damage, The plastic bottom fender popped out on both sides, a small tap and it went back in place. I'm trying to remember if that stupid car had a spoiler. I took the car because she is on the late shift and she always takes the 1/2 ton. All the critters like Deer, etc. oh including Emu's are out. Yes she hit an Emu once. The Cop and Insurance broker couldn't believe it. A local farmer raises them and a few got out. It hit the weekly paper here.

I lost my bets, took the over and the last score a field goal. Oh well. No one missed much. I heard this week every time the Pats make it to the SB viewership drops. Sounds about right based on the responses here. The commish hates them Patriots more than he did yesterday.

Johnny D.

Last edited: