2018 NFL - Week 9

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The wife informed me thusly that it's Thu. Who knew?! Made tonites pic anyway....

Prayers to the kids and there families that were killed in 4 separate bus stop accidents this week. Please pay attention out there....

Thursday Night Football

NFL Network/FOX 7:20 central

Raiders (1-6, 0-3 away) vs 49ers (1-7, 1-2 Home)

Amari Cooper is supposed to start this weekend with Dallas after being traded by the Raiders for draft pics.
Bell is still MIA after the trade deadline... Who?

Week 9 Power Rankings

1) Rams - no change
2) Chiefs
3) NO - creeping higher, knocked off the Patriots
4) Patriots
5) Chargers
6) Panthers
7) Steeleres
8) Vikings
9) Eagles
10) Ravens - dropped 3 spots

London - NFLN
Notta

Notable Injuries
Cooper Kupp, LAR WR
News Archive
Los Angeles Rams
Questionable
The Kuppster was out last week..... Kupp (knee) remained limited at practice Thursday.
Alvin Kamara, NO RB
News Archive
New Orleans Saints
Questionable
Must have the sniffles..... Kamara didn't practice Thursday due to an illness.
Tyreek Hill, KC WR
News Archive
Kansas City Chiefs
Questionable
redneck Joe may be a little concerned...... Hill (groin) was limited at Thursday's practice.
Adrian Peterson, Wsh RB
News Archive
Washington Redskins
Questionable
AP is having a great year for an old guy.... Peterson (shoulder) was limited at Thursday's practice.
Dalvin Cook, Min RB
News Archive
Minnesota Vikings
Questionable
Not what the Vikings need..... Cook (hamstring) has been limited in practice this week and "feels great," but he's unsure if he'll be able to return Sunday versus the Lions, Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports.
Stefon Diggs, Min WR
News Archive
Minnesota Vikings
Questionable
Vikes really don't need him out..... Diggs (ribs) was held out of practice Thursday.
Julian Edelman, NE WR
News Archive
New England Patriots
Questionable
Edelman (ankle) was limited at practice Thursday, Mike Reiss of ESPN.com reports.
And the rest:
http://games.espn.com/ffl/resources/...njuryMode=true

iBOATS Pickem

Props to PSU Homer with 13 wins!!!!!

1) bassman

2) GA_Boater
3) Musky
4) FlaCowboy
5) BluesCrew

bassman and GA_Boater are trying to check out....

If you can't win, I hope your team does!
Good Luck!

Musky

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Our hearts go out to all those that are effected by the latest senseless tragedies. Just yesterday there was a head on collision 15 minutes from us that took the lives of a local sports play by play announcer John Edwards and his young son. We all have to be more diligent. As the comforts and ease of driving improve through tech I personally believe that our attention to driving a vehicle has diminished. I want to drive the car not have the car drive me.

At the halfway mark my Bills are grasping at straws to plug in a QB, O line and 3 or 4 receivers. Send resume to 1 Bills Drive Orchard Park NY. Must be 16 to apply, preferably applicant will have his or her own helmet and pads.

Niners just scored a TD to make it 14-3. Chucky doesn't look like a happy Millionaire. My money is on the Raiders tonight.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
My pick is on SF for iBOATS.... So far so good.... Raiders have 3 first round picks.....

aspeck

Staff member
31-3 9ers. Wow! Mullen’s having a great first game!

aspeck

Staff member
That was a gruesome broken radius and ulna. Ouch!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Raiders are pathetic. Maybe Hue Jackson should replace Jon Gruden. Jackson was dumped in the middle of his best year with the Browns and has won twice as many games this season as Gruden.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I knew it was a serious injury when the opposition is screaming for the other teams staff get on the field. Ugly looking arm. I hope the kid can recover from this horrid break. It could be career ending.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Down to the bottom I go. Just realized I didn't make my picks...:frusty::frusty::frusty:

bassman284

Commander
Down to the bottom I go. Just realized I didn't make my picks...:frusty::frusty::frusty:

Wow, bummer. Not telling you how to live your life, but I always go in on Sunday (while I'm thinking about it) and autofill the following week just to make sure I have picks in. Change what I need to later.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Last year someone said Auto-Fill made better picks than thinking about it. :smile:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yeah, I thought about making all my picks Thu. Decided to push it off. Daughter came home 4 the weekend and my picks went by the wayside... Good idea tho, bassman. Never tried auto....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Dang, watched the news and the Rams tied er up...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

It happens .. kinda like forgetting to put the plug in the boat . Usually only takes one time then ya remember from now on ..

Old Ironmaker

Captain
That's it I'm done. My Bills bandwagon has been wobbling for all but 4 seasons since Ralph Wilson begrudgingly put the Bills in Buffalo. Losing 4 straight Super Bowls was dreadful, but there was always hope. I am ready to throw my signed Jim Kelly with Bruce Smith framed 8X10 into the firepit. I don't think they are selling many Bills QB jerseys, who's the QB today? Great at throwing scoring passes, a pick 6 is a score, no? And I've have had it with this coaches diatribe about building a " New Football philosophy, locker room culture, mind set", just had it with him and his BS. McCoy has yet to score a running TD, McCoy, no touchdown into thAe last half of the season, none. And I don't think the Pegula's, a multi millionaire gas driller and his wife who he picked up when she was his waitress should be interviewing anymore coaches, they aren't very good at it.

edit: Great SNF game on. So this is how the game is played. Very interesting.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

WIMUSKY

Staff member
It happens .. kinda like forgetting to put the plug in the boat . Usually only takes one time then ya remember from now on ..

Yup, did that "once" too on a 24'. Thankfully I had just backed in the water. Pulled it back out to let it drain.....