Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WIMUSKY View Post
    Too much money, for now, and too much time to do stupid things, illegal not withstanding.

Something on the NFL network I caught the end off. Julian Edelman charged by L.A. cop for beating up some guys car outside a club (used to be called bars). Again too much money and time on these kids hands? He usually is busy until the 2nd week of February.
    Experience is a lifetime of mistakes, wisdom is not making them again.

Comment

• If an NFL player goes to a bar, it becomes a club.

Comment

• https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/12/julia...umping-on-car/

This isn't the crime of the century. Maybe one of the most stupid. Considering he is scheduled for knee surgery jumping up onto a car is pushing it. He had some pain reducers in his system, like Tequila maybe.

Comment

• And the latest from the AB front ... AB's agent is dumping him UNLESS he gets some mental help.

Comment

• That can be taken one of two ways. Either AB gets help or lose his agent or the agent is getting help before continued representation. Maybe both! AB must be a handful!
            BOAT SPECS | FORUM HELP | STARCRAFT FORUM | SHOP iBoats
            Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
            That is what the forums are for.
            Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

• Originally posted by GA_Boater View Post
              That can be taken one of two ways. Either AB gets help or lose his agent or the agent is getting help before continued representation. Maybe both! AB must be a handful!
              I think the agent is thinking, "Man, this is a lot of work for the potential of no return ... either he gets the help he needs so I can turn a profit, or I am out of this mess. Too much drama for peanuts! Not my monkey, not my circus any more."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...antonio-brown/

Comment

• 10% of nothing is, ah.....nothing!

Comment

• AB in my and many others opinion is dealing with mental health disease. A stigma still exists where mental health is concerned and that's unfortunate. I am proud to say that the work I did on managements side and together with the USWA we actually put a plan in place to help all employees deal with mental health. The toughest part was to get burly Steelworkers as well as professionals in the company to admit to a problem. More than a few had to be hospitalized through the courts without their consent before assaults became attempted murder, or murder. At one time we had over 15,000 employees nationwide. At the 5% estimate that is a big number of individuals that may have needed help. There was a time when the rate of suicide for shift workers was triple that of the provincial average.

Here is some reading about the new CBA between the league and the NFLPA.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-that-remain/
                  Last edited by Old Ironmaker; January 17th, 2020, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• NY Giants have a new OC. They need one. His name is Jason Garrett.

Comment

• Originally posted by GA_Boater View Post
                      NY Giants have a new OC. They need one. His name is Jason Garrett.
                      Fake news?

Comment

• Originally posted by WIMUSKY View Post

Fake news?
                        https://www.google.com/search?client...=jason+garrett

Comment

• Boy, he settled in a hurry.....

Comment

• Working for Jerry Jones, he probably kept his bags packed and sitting by the door.

Comment

• Now police are looking at AB for a possible assault ... he is a lightening rod for trouble and a real train wreck...

Comment

Originally posted by aspeck View Post
                                Now police are looking at AB for a possible assault ... he is a lightening rod for trouble and a real train wreck...
                                Sometimes you can the man out of the hood but not the hood out of the man. This happens far too often. This kid is screaming for help and I don't think there is anyone out there willing to help him or they have given up helping him. I don't think he will ever play in the NFL again.That's just sad I really enjoyed watching him play. He won't play up here in Canada. A top receiver here may get 100K a season and that's in Canuck money. A NFL player will pay 4 times that muchor more in taxes, user fees, agents fees and, and, and, a GAME.

Comment

Working...
                                X