NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Let's see, Foles has how many SB rings? TB is starting to fill his other hand...:D

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I think we will be going after Foles ... If they don’t try and trade up in the draft to get one .
‘Jags really need a QB ...

aspeck

Staff member
I think it is safe to say Bell and Brown won't be Steelers next year. And as much as Big Ben has been a gritty and a good player, I think he wields too much power in the Steelers' organization and with Mike Tomlin. It might be time for him to retire and the Steelers to get a fresh start with younger players who are happy to be there...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I found the end of the internet? That should be worth a cool million... lol

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Kareem Hunt is now a Brown. No telling when he can play with him on Godell's exempt list for maybe forever.

Browns gave him a 1 year contact.

GA_Boater

Reports say Raven Joe Flacco will traded to the Broncos on March 13, the official start of the 2019 NFL season.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
And it's "official", Brown wont be a Steeler next year...:eek::lol:

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Was at the local watering hole for " superbowl " party.-----Seemed to be fewer folks there than in the past.-------Not sure if this is an omen for the future.------How is NASCAR attendance these days other than their " super race " opener ?

GA_Boater

Nascar continues to take out seats to "look" like full stands. I just saw a story the other day on that very subject. Daytona "sold out" last year, but over 45,000 seats were removed between the 2017 and 2018 500's, now 101,000 seats from 146,000. Some other ISC (Nascar) owned tracks and seat comparison;

iscseats.PNG

Nascar and TV are not looking good either. Last year almost every race was down on ratings and viewership. It doesn't help that over half the races are not on broadcast TV, either on FS1 or NBCSN - Everybody does not have cable as the NFL and NFL Network has found out.

aspeck

Staff member
Now that there is talk of Kap being picked up by an NFL team for reportedly $9M per year, he has walked away from the grievance. It has always been about the money ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yup, he just proved it. So what team is rumored to pick him up? Steelers?:D

aspeck

Staff member
Ha! No, Alejandro Villanueva would beat him up ... that wouldn't be pretty. Actually Cris Carter is saying he is going to the Patriots to back up the aging Tom Brady.