College Football 2018

aspeck

Staff member
A bunch of close (OT and /or decided by 7 points or less) wins by top teams and then the upsets of #'s 13, 14, 15, 17, 20, 22, 23 ...

sam60

Captain
Well, my Michigan kind of put it to Nebraska. Michigan seems to be improving a little bit on offense each week. Watching the game though I don't think it was much of a test as Nebraska does not look like a very good team right now. No offense meant by my comment as Nebraska is in a rebuilding mode as Michigan was a when Harbaugh took over the program.

Agreed, Rick. The Huskers need to get a whole bunch better to even win a game this year.

On a side note, I was in a grocery store this morning and saw an elderly gentleman (older than me) wearing a UCLA Bruins t-shirt. I walked up to him and asked...Bruins fan? He said of course and we shook hands.

I told him that I'm a Husker fan and misery loves company. We both laughed and went on our way.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well, my Michigan kind of put it to Nebraska. Michigan seems to be improving a little bit on offense each week. Watching the game though I don't think it was much of a test as Nebraska does not look like a very good team right now. No offense meant by my comment as Nebraska is in a rebuilding mode as Michigan was a when Harbaugh took over the program.

Well, Oct 20th, mark your calendar.....:yo:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Agreed, Rick. The Huskers need to get a whole bunch better to even win a game this year.

On a side note, I was in a grocery store this morning and saw an elderly gentleman (older than me) wearing a UCLA Bruins t-shirt. I walked up to him and asked...Bruins fan? He said of course and we shook hands.

I told him that I'm a Husker fan and misery loves company. We both laughed and went on our way.

I’m starting to think we may have dodged a bullet with Chip Kelly choosing to head west to coach ..
The jury is still out on our coach .. Gotta play his old team this week MSU..
‘Hope the Huskers can start to turn things around .. Hard to do that over night

RGrew176

Commander
Well, Oct 20th, mark your calendar.....:yo:

That is one of the must win games this year. Harbaugh is 1 - 2 against MSU. Need to turn that around. Another must win is against OSU, 0 - 3 against them.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Squeaked one out in Starksville ! Gators 13-6 over the Bulldogs ..
We now have the same number of wins that we had all last season !

GO PSU !

RGrew176

Commander
Michigan's offense stunk today but did just enough to pull out a win. Defense started slow but was a rock wall after the 1st quarter. Defense kept them in the game.

aspeck

Staff member
Can’t believe the play call on 4th down for PSU! That was a horrible play to call ... it hadn’t worked all game. But it was a hard fought and exciting game. I just did not like the outcome. PSU needed 2 more points!

And i I can take solice that Kentucky won and is still undefeated.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I cant believe my Buckeyes moved up in the poll after the terrible day they had at PSU. They should have handled them much easier. Haskins lack of experience showed. The OSU offensive line looked apathetic against the seasoned and skilled defense of Penn state. Kudos to Penn state, they played way better and with much more heart than the final score indicated.

sam60

Captain
Nebraska loses...I mean plays at 7:30 ET. The red river thing was fun to watch.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Late FG for Texas beat the Sooners ...
14-10 Gators at the half ...
Hopefully can hold on for the win !
Gunna be a close one I think ..

sam60

Captain
Late FG for Texas beat the Sooners ...
14-10 Gators at the half ...
Hopefully can hold on for the win !
Gunna be a close one I think ..

Watching the game Sam and rooting for your Gators.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
MSU lost to NWestern, homecoming 4 State..

What happened in the Bama game?