Motivation?

Old Ironmaker

Captain
If you snore and breath thru your mouth (dry mouth) and suffer lack of energy and fatigue you may have obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is serious. It increases mortality as it can cause deadly irregular heart rhythm, strokes, early dementia, hypertension and several other medical problems. If you snore you should get yourself checked for sleep apnea.

Thanks for the heads up Sprig the reason I have to breath through my mouth is my nasal airways are 90% or more plugged at night, better in the day. Just this AM when I woke my nose was 100% plugged, not an opening at all. They tried to test me for sleep apnea twice. Both times I simply could not get to sleep, I laid there all night. I suggested a sleep aid and they said it wouldn't mimic my normal sleep so I tapped out. I bet 90% of the guys I know my age have the mask (can't recall the name) because they tested positive for Sleep Apnea. Only a hand full use the thing because they can't sleep with it on.

aspeck

Staff member
I have/had sleep apnea. I slept VERY well with the CPAP mask on. I lost weight and didn't need it any more, so I was good to go. However, I put on 10 pounds and the CPAP comes out of the closet till I lose the weight. Those 10 pounds are the "magic 10" for me and sleep apnea. (I was 60 pounds heavier at the height of my weight gain).

oldrem

Commander
I think most people stumble for a spell during a big project. I certainly do. The Admiral keeps telling me I have too many projects and too many hobbies and can't believe me when I have to buy yet another tool.

Sometimes in the middle of a big project I have to walk away for awhile and tie into one of my other past times - or just take a break and vegetate a few days. I'm 69 and angry I didn't do things differently in my lifetime that are making me still work 6 days a week to support my fun.

Take a break - do something else for a bit.

Bow hunting starts here in a few weeks and will take some precedence over my boat project which will have to wait until I'm ready.