Nascar - 2018 Race #5 - AAA At Fontana

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Just glanced at the TV and Harvick was banging the wall and sliding. I didn't want another yellow. :eek: A replay of his earlier wreck! phew

GA_Boater

Truex wins with 10 cars on the lead lap. Larson 2nd and The Twerp 3rd.

Someone may have won an iFL race for the first time in over two years. Will exhale on Tuesday. :smile:

sam60

Captain
Good pickin' GA_ ! Congrats. Harvick did tell the truth, pretty obvious.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I still call it The Winston Cup. I have a few suggestions to put butts in seats. The races are too dang long. I'll watch until the 1st pit stops. Come back after playing a round of golf and there are 30 laps to go. At least F-1 has it down to 2 hours and it's standing room only and it's basically a parade every Sunday. And how about this paradigm shifting idea. Stock car races should have stock cars racing. There was a day when the cars had to be manufactured. Dodge had to produce X number of Super Birds in order to enter a car with an airplane wing bolted to the trunk. The Chevy Camaro looks like the Toyota that looks like a Ford and every other car on the starting grid. I know it won't happen because these are 200 MPH race cars and there is nothing stock about them. In Europe you can enter your Porsche or BMW in a serious race series and drive it home. If Nascar can get back to some form of stock car racing it will be a step to get people to go to a race and car sales for the winning manufacturer may go up as well. Hell I think you can buy a Cadillac now with 600 plus horsepower. Kia makes a family sedan that will hit 180MPH for goodness sakes. What's that special Dodge Challenger putting out, 700 plus HP? One of my favorite series was the old IROC, International Race of Champions, a dozen cars tuned to be the same for all drivers, put a driver in each car and from different disciplines of road racing and have drivers drive stock cars. Fans would go out the next day and buy an IROC Camaro. It was over 10 years ago that they were going to build a Super Speedway in Niagara Falls Ontario. It was a big deal around here. It has been deep sixed, no money to be made in Nascar, Rock concerts with 70 something year olds on stage will fill a 75,000 seat stadium and make money but not Nascar.

Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
GA, hoping you are still not holding your breath. You might look like a dead smurf by now. :lol:

Congrats on the Win.

GA_Boater

Finally let it out. Officially my chest hurts, but passed inspection! LOL
Got a doorstop! 🏆

FlaCowboy is leading the overall, but TCS looks to be closing in.

Martinsville is next on the radar with Cup and Trucks

FlaCowboy

Ensign
Congrats GA...!!! :encouragement:

I will be waiting to see THIS Trophy presentation...lol.

You beat me to the post. Nice door stop...congrats again.

GA_Boater

Congrats GA...!!! :encouragement:

I will be waiting to see THIS Trophy presentation...lol.

You beat me to the post. Nice door stop...congrats again.

Humble is my middle name. :lol: Checked my records and no wins last year or the year before. It's been a long time. Better put that baby on the mantle!