Nascar - 2018 Race #1 - Daytona 500

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It looked a lot like the Elliott/Keso thing, but I think Blaney only took the air off Busch41's spoiler.

GA_Boater

Dillon wins. Could have been anyone but him in the #3. I'm biased against the Earnhardt number being used by anyone except Dale Sr. and I wasn't a fan of the Intimidator.

aspeck

Staff member
Congratulations, 64 ... I had 1 driver left on the lead lap! Hard to win that way!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
What about Dillon completely punting #10 to get the win. Oh. So that must be ok? Keso was below Elliot with his bumper barely on the side "then" Elliot came down into Keso's bumper. So there...

Go Joey!

64osby

Admiral
WooHoo! Manufacturer pick puts my on top. Go Chevy.

Hope it's not "encumbered".:rolleyes:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Ok, I had to go out to see a car with my wife and couldn't get the race on the radio. We came back in with 10 laps to go. My man Amendola is in the lead and the next thing I see is cars in flames against the wall. The lead changes and the race is over. No mention by the talking heads as to what I just saw. Then they switch to another show already in progress on the Canadian network TSN. Can someone please tell me what the H happened?

FlaCowboy

Ensign
What about Dillon completely punting #10 to get the win. Oh. So that must be ok? Keso was below Elliot with his bumper barely on the side "then" Elliot came down into Keso's bumper. So there...

Tell me about Wim...I did not like that move.

204 Escape

Ensign
IF I read the line up on the TV correctly, after the last caution. Blaney was supposed to be the 9th car in the line up right behind Logano. It was the 6 car.

Did anyone else see that ??

Leardriver

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have to admit that when our car, 78, was in second, and we went to caution with four laps left, things were going our way. Restarts are usually a strength.
We didn't get to watch that restart, because we were walking into the Daytona airport Outback to buy a plane load of proper food for our passengers, Then, all of a sudden, we were in 18th. Grr!
Then, leaving 73 degree temps, and landing in Denver with 17 degrees was further salt in the wound.

Yousand

Recruit
IF I read the line up on the TV correctly, after the last caution. Blaney was supposed to be the 9th car in the line up right behind Logano. It was the 6 car.

Did anyone else see that ??

yep, i did.
and yeah, great work y'all!

GA_Boater

The official top 10 iFL Daytona results;

iflwk1.PNG

64osby took the checkers for the Daytona 500 and is the season leader, naturally. Congrats, 64. Got one for your mantle or door stop - You da winner, your choice. 🏆

Showing the top 10 results so I could see my name in lights. Judging by last year, this the only time. :blue:

Atlanta next week for all 3 national series. Cup qualifying is on Friday and your Pole Winner pick has to be made before it locks at 5:10PM EST. FlaCowboy gained 5 points for Alex Bowman, 5 points which can make a difference down the road. Don't forget - No carry-over drivers. Gotta pick each and every week.

aspeck

Staff member
UGH, Friday and Saturday are tough days and nights for me ... will get something figured out, I guess ...

64osby

Admiral
64osby took the checkers for the Daytona 500 and is the season leader, naturally. Congrats, 64. Got one for your mantle or door stop - You da winner, your choice. 🏆

Showing the top 10 results so I could see my name in lights. Judging by last year, this the only time. :blue:

Thanks GA, Might make a good wheel chock for the boat. Will have to try and get another this year.;)

Can we cancel the rest of the season! :D