Pergo Flooring

alldodge

Staff member
Installed 1000 sq ft of Pergo flooring. This was the 10yr commerical and lifetime residential. Putting it in a possible rental house and liked the idea its American made and can have water stand on it for 24 hours without a problem.

Floor went down pretty well and pleased with the out come. Spent 120 on 4 pieces of molding and ripped it all back up at thru it away. While the flooring is good, the molding is made of press paper and is crap.

Went a bought some oak hardwood T and bull nose threshold molding and it looks great.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Pics???? I have some in the kitchen plus over 100 year old hardwood flooring in the rest of the downstairs.The house was built back in the flintstone days with rough cut lumber also.Very little softwood atall.Not near as old as my brothers over in England which is late 1400 or 1500.

southkogs

Staff member
I did about 500 sqft a couple of weeks ago for my MIL. I don't like it as much as the engineered hardwood, but it sure went down easy and looked nice.

alldodge

Staff member
Would be glad to post pics but every time I try, IE11 does not allow me to post pics as yet.

Now if I had ruff cut hardwood, I would seriously think about using a floor sander and redo it that way.

Have taken a break but also installing Hickory hardwood at a friends house (my aching back), it looks real nice