Wakeboarding Columbus, OH

jdhughes9

Recruit
Looking for watersports buddies in Columbus, OH. We normally boat in Caesars Creek (bigger/deeper) but want to board in Columbus. Anyone interested?

jH

RAT Attack

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Wakeboarding Columbus, OH

I am usually @ Caesars Creek or Rocky Fork ( Hillsboro )...
Me & the wifey usually get out to the CREEK 2 to 3 times a week. We go to Rocky because we have buddies that own a cabin & pontoon out there. Send me a PM & I will give you my cell #.
I have a torn shoulder right now, but still going out. I wan't to wakeboard so bad it isn't even funny...

chainik

Recruit

I've been wakeboarding with my buddies 3-4 times a week March - Nov in Columbus on O'Shanossie/Griggs untill this season. They lost interest and I am trying to decide how to proceed. I'd love to continue and if getting a boat would solve the problem I would seriously consider it, but I'd still have to find 2-3 dedicated people to do it regularly with at least one of them who can drive the boat so that I can do it too. And if not being able to wakeboard without the boat is bad enough, it would be even worse if I get one...

jdhughes9

Recruit

I have the boat and need some others to wakeboard with me. Between my gf and I, we would have a driver and a spotter. We usually boat at Caesar's creek, halfway between Columbus and Cinci.

The resevoir has a wakeboarding school (instruction) correct? Any interest in joining me for that?

jH

RAT Attack

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have the boat and need some others to wakeboard with me. Between my gf and I, we would have a driver and a spotter. We usually boat at Caesar's creek, halfway between Columbus and Cinci.

The resevoir has a wakeboarding school (instruction) correct? Any interest in joining me for that?

jH

Send me a larger photo of your boat so I can look out for it whenever I am at Caesars. I just blew the coupler & gimble on mine, but should be back by Friday! I am usually there atleast 2 to 3 times a week...
Here is mine:
BoatNorris-1.jpg

ankeneyou

Recruit

I grew up about 20 min from Ceasars creek, but now live in Columbus. We're usually out on the water about every weekend at Griggs, Alum Creek, Deer Creek, or Salt Fork if we feel like making a trip out of it. I tend to stay away from Buckeye Lake, just dont like it.

Griggs is definitely the best place for water sports and closest option for us. I've never heard about classes for Wake Boarding, but that doesn't mean its not there. Maybe its part of the Scioto Boat Club, i know they have a website. Last time I chekced it was just a little to spendy for me to be a memeber.

Alum isn't bad for tubing, but you have to ski/wakeboard early or late in the evening similar to Ceasars creek. Alum is a good bit larger than Ceasars though.

Caesars still as dirty as it used to be? I remember the last few times I was there it was pretty bad, but its been a few years.

WakeLevi

Recruit

Maybe if you came down to the Ohio River...
But Columbus is a little far from here

jdhughes9

Recruit

home.php

See you out there soon.

Josh

Send me a larger photo of your boat so I can look out for it whenever I am at Caesars. I just blew the coupler & gimble on mine, but should be back by Friday! I am usually there atleast 2 to 3 times a week...
Here is mine:
BoatNorris-1.jpg

75TowerOfPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice try on the picture but if you link from Facebook, right-click the photo and go to properties and copy the link that is listed in the address place and use it.

Hopefully I will see both of you guys at the Creek soon.

cb6979

Recruit

I grew up about 20 min from Ceasars creek, but now live in Columbus. We're usually out on the water about every weekend at Griggs, Alum Creek, Deer Creek, or Salt Fork if we feel like making a trip out of it. I tend to stay away from Buckeye Lake, just dont like it.

Griggs is definitely the best place for water sports and closest option for us. I've never heard about classes for Wake Boarding, but that doesn't mean its not there. Maybe its part of the Scioto Boat Club, i know they have a website. Last time I chekced it was just a little to spendy for me to be a memeber.

Alum isn't bad for tubing, but you have to ski/wakeboard early or late in the evening similar to Ceasars creek. Alum is a good bit larger than Ceasars though.

Caesars still as dirty as it used to be? I remember the last few times I was there it was pretty bad, but its been a few years.

Yes, it is still pretty gross. The water is still very green, and the banks are wearing out to the water. I'm out there every week, and I get really stuffed up after the trip.

$.02:rolleyes:

RAT Attack

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes, it is still pretty gross. The water is still very green, and the banks are wearing out to the water. I'm out there every week, and I get really stuffed up after the trip.

$.02:rolleyes:

REALLY???
I was just out there yesterday ( Sunday ), a day after we had a bunch of rain on Saturday, and it was actually pretty clean. It is no Norris Lake in Tenn. or anything, but I have only seen it real bad a couple of times. I am out there at least once a week, and no complaints here by me or anyone that is on my boat. It is much cleaner than most of the lakes I've been to around here! Where do you go that's better?

specialk

Cadet

jH

The wifey and I are always at Ceasars as well. I am trying to learn to wakeboard and would love to meet up with anyone at Ceasars for wakeboarding. We have a boat just no wakeboard tower yet. I wanted to first learn to get up on the board and get comfortable. Once I am addicted I will likely add the wakeboard tower. I am more than happy to spot / drive for anyone wanting to wakeboard. In turn hopefully getting some pointers / learn from others who are wakeboarding. All in all I know it would just be fun hanging out with other people wakeboarding.

PS: I know it's winter right now and we probably all have the winter blues but just keep me in mind for next late spring / summer. We are out at Ceasars a lot and would love to meet up for wakeboarding. :p

pigrge

Petty Officer 1st Class

We're always out on the scioto during the year. Unfortunately, we only have two and last year the river patrol nailed us three times for boarding without a spotter. Just got a tower for the boat, so def gonna be out quite a bit more this year. Hit me up!

DustyJoe

Cadet

REALLY???
I was just out there yesterday ( Sunday ), a day after we had a bunch of rain on Saturday, and it was actually pretty clean. It is no Norris Lake in Tenn. or anything, but I have only seen it real bad a couple of times.

Nevermind I read some of ur other post. I go to Norris and like it. I was gonna ask if it was bad. Sounds like u like it.

pigrge

Petty Officer 1st Class

Norris lake is AMAZING for wakeboarding! I went last summer and found some GRRREAT spots, deep and nice and calm!

llegar

Recruit

I posted this on another wakeboarding forum I found and met some nice people, but they're all wakeboarding in the Cincy area which is fine from time to time, but here's hoping there's room on a boat in the Columbus area...

Hey folks, discovered wakeboarding last year while living in Jacksonville, FL, then before I really was able to really get into it, I finished law school and had to move back to Ohio. Unfortunately I don't know anyone with a boat and I haven't had a chance to hit the water yet up here.

Have my own board & wetsuit, just looking for some Columbus locals that wouldn't mind giving a friendly newbie a pull from time to time during this season.

More than happy to throw in for gas, barter legal services, or otherwise make myself a useful addition to the boat. Will go out any time so long as I have enough notice to grab my baggies and get to the water.

Jonathan Schlegel
phone: 954 257 9675
email: jonathan.j.schlegel@gmail.com

pigrge

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey Jon,
We have a boat and ALWAYS need a third. We're both newbies as well, but have all the equipment, (minus a v-drive and ballast system) to have a blast on the water. We always hit up the scioto during the work week and will head out to the bigger lakes on the weekends to not get caught with only two people. The boat just finished getting the tower and speakers installed and is DYING to hit the water. We took the jetskis out to Alum tho a few weeks ago when it was 80 degrees and MAN was that water cold! If u have a wetsuit tho and are willing to brave the cold, we'd take u out. Of course, with the stupid gas prices, it def wouldn't hurt for a little drink in the tank! Throw a pm my way sometime. Later!

RollTide2015

Recruit

Is anyone still looking for another rider? I'm from North Dayton and I'm looking for a group of people to ride with for the rest of the summer but I don't have a boat. (I'm in college) I am a beginner but am quickly catching on since i have been snowboarding my whole life. If anyone is interested let me know! Thanks!

Ryan

Jleighty17

Recruit

We go out on Alum alot if anyone wants to go
We are still beginners but love to go out.
Just have a standard boat. But will be adding a tower and ballast soon.