Ataching Tow Rope to Tower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ataching Tow Rope to Tower

I was wondering what you guys think is the best way to atach a wakeboarding towrope to a tower.

The tower is a "stock" tower(manufacturer installed) and has a plastic bushing(or whatever you call that thing you tie the rope around).

I have been using a "straight line" rope.

I'm wondering if there is a specific way to tie the rope on so you get the least amount of wear on both items, tower and rope.

Or maybe you guys just have a better way.(maybe some fancy sailor knots?)
    1948 Ford F-1 (Flathead 8 Baby)
    1955 Ford F-100

Re: Ataching Tow Rope to Tower

geez, Im not sure how to explain...you kind of create a loop by pulling the rope through existing loop, so that when you put tension on it, it will close and "lock" around the bushing. Damn! I had "the book" video in my car until yesterday, and there is a video I could have taken some screen shots of that shows you exactly what I mean...Ill look around you tube.
    But, now you come to me and you say -- "Don Corleone give me justice." -- But you don't ask
    with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me Godfather. Instead,
    you come into my house on the day my daughter is to be married, and you ask me to do murder, for money.

Comment

Re: Ataching Tow Rope to Tower

I know what your saying about making a loop through the existing loop.

Thats what I have been doing, works fine.

Thanks
      1948 Ford F-1 (Flathead 8 Baby)
      1955 Ford F-100

Comment

Working...
      X