Wanting to BUY a tower 91 bayliner capri

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander
Any one have any good links that I don't know about, I have been looking. Any help would be appreciated, I am not looking for one made out of tent poles, I will even consider used ones too Ebay?? Thanks >>>Pat

sabastianunf

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Wanting to BUY a tower 91 bayliner capri

www.monstertower.com and www.wakeboarder.com. I purchase and installed my tower by my self in @ 3 hrs. I could not be happier with the price, appearance and product support from monster tower. You will also see lots of good advice at wakeboarder.com both for tower selection, boat set-up and trick tips.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Thats Great !! Thanks and I will check them out, I will be Posting pics before and after. Thanks Again >>> Pat

snowthrower

Seaman Apprentice

I just bought the skylon swoop extreme tower and like it very much. It looks pretty sweet on the bayliner. It's cheaper then the monster ( 999.99 on the web ) and I like the design on better then the monster.

It has heim mounts that are pretty well designed. Mine is mounted on a 1991 bayliner 18' capri with a 3.0 mercruiser.

Off topic what motor and prop do you have? How does it pull a wakeboard?

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Do you have any pics ? I would like to check it out. I have a 21p 3bl prop am thinking about changing it to a SS 20p. I normally pull tubes and I enjoy boogy boarding, I can't get any one to do any thing but tubing,The wife is still learning to operate the boat relucticly, every one is to scared to operate her, I ask,but they always say go ahead, Too fast for them I guess. We are the fastest ones on the lake so far, I fly past every one:D. If you look on the bottom of my signature all the other info is there;)>>>Pat

sabastianunf

Petty Officer 1st Class

If I remeber right the skylon towers charged extra for a polished aluminum finish. I was reluctant to go with black b/c I thought it would get too hot - also I don't like the look of white and I figured the powder coat would chip/scratch. My polished aluminum monster tower cost a little over $1k but they delivered it for free.

vandy21

Petty Officer 1st Class

If your looking for cheap check out diywake.com. As far as used ones on eBay, I've looked and you won't find many. Most of the towers for sale there are new or factory seconds. You may occasionally see a used one for sale on craigslist if you live near water.

snowthrower

Seaman Apprentice

So far the black does not get hot at all. I figure if the powder coat chips I can always sand and polish it my self.

BTW if you purchase from wakeside then delivery is free. I looked at the DIY tower ( not the cheap roll bar ) and did not like the mounts, I've heard bad things about cracked jell coat from that style mount.

I'll see if I can snap a pic tonight for you.

snowthrower

Seaman Apprentice

Here you go, I think it fits the lines nicely.

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 0

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

That looks alright,sharp ! Have you checked out the Bayliner forum, "check out this Capri" That guy went all out on his, and his is a 1990. check it out pretty cool, Thanks every one for all your input, I love working on our boat, topping it off with the tower and bimini is like a dream right now, in time she will be put together beutifully. Thanks all for your replies, every one of them is appreciated >>>Pat BE SAFE!! and have fun!!:D

brwalkersk8

Cadet

diywake.com they have basic towers shipped to your house for $498