Calabria Owner Needs Help

JessieG

Recruit
Hi all,
First post on here. So my husband and I were in a pinch and needed a boat by Labor Day, long story short, we rushed into buying a 2009 Calabria ProV-2 that had 290 hours on it (5.7 Black Scorpion w/Mercruiser). It’s interior was a little rough but the rest of it was great (or so we thought). Boat ran great for 2 days and then an alarm (solid tone) sounded every time we took off in the boat. Turns out the OG owner neglected this boat badly and we are worried that this boat was either sunk in the back end or left out in severe rain uncovered for a looong time. Everything had water in it. V Drive, trans, fuel tank. Found all that out the hard way. My husband pulled a bunch of old pieces of old impeller out of the impeller housing even though it has a new impeller, old one apparently wasn’t cleaned out. Alarm still sounds and no lights or code shows up to give us a clue as to what it means (water was taken out and fluids replaced in all areas mentioned above). So my question is...since it appears Calabria does not exist anymore (tried calling and emailing them), does anyone know where we could find an owners manual or something to tell us what this alarm is? My husband is pretty mechanically inclines, but I think at this point our only option is to take it to a shop and bend over. If it were a Malibu or MasterCraft, we could find stuff easily but of course we have a boat that no one knows about. If there’s any Calabria owners out there, please please please let me know. We need all the help we can get. It’s all new to us. Thanks for reading!

jbcurt00

Staff member
This isnt a Calabria problem, and doesnt belong in the wakeboat forum, its a motor problem and should be over in 1 of those forums.

So what motor/driveline does it have in it?

a motor specific service manual would be helpful

a boat manufacturer owners manual wont be

JessieG

Recruit
Sorry. Never posted to any forum before. Just looking for some help. I know it is likely we are going to have to take it to a shop regardless and that a owners manual won’t answer all questions but it’s a start. I was just looking to connect with other Calabria owners to see if they knew anything about the boats since I can’t find a lot of info about the boats as they are not made anymore. Didn’t mean to waste anyone’s time. Sorry for posting it in the wrong place. It’s a wakeboard boat so I thought this is where I would start.

JessieG

Recruit
As I originally posted it has a 5.7 Black Scorpion (sorry, husband corrected it is a Walters v drive not mercruiser).

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Calabria made a couple hundred boats a year so the original manual would be useless for almost anything. It is a good boat though. The engine is probably a Black Scorpion that runs though a Walters V-drive. Both are common and easy to fix or get parts for. You want the serial numbers for each when ordering anything so keep those where you can access them. If the impeller failed you might want to flush the cooling system. Sometimes junk get stuck in the heat exchanger for the V-drive. Also it might have suffered overheating so check that there is no water in the engine oil aging after you run it some more. You'll want to get a suction oil extractor for the engine and transmission to do maintenance on them. They sell some on iboats. Get an aftermarket manual for the engine and v-drive.

Good luck. A boat like yours can be so wonderful, but they can also be a pain until they are sorted.
BTW My the Black Scorpion in my boat has 640 hours and the only work I've had to do is change plugs twice and the imellor once. Most need to change the impeller every could years, however. (other than routine oil and filter changes)

https://www.iboats.com/shop/moeller-fluid-extractor-5-0-liter.html