Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for wire diagram for updated cdm conversion for a 96 mercury 120xr sportjet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: looking for wire diagram for updated cdm conversion for a 96 mercury 120xr sportj

yup boat looks nice sitting in the water. just got my new vinyl and will be doing the interior over this weekend so it will look even better but it still dont run. dont have the cash right now to drop on the flywheel. got a brandy new one for a 2003 mercury 115 hp outboard tho. gonna try and sell that one to get the cash. lookin at high 90's this week here. thankfully my jetskis run and can use them on the lake for now. hers on the left and mine right.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IM003126.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	7044053

Comment

Re: looking for wire diagram for updated cdm conversion for a 96 mercury 120xr sportj

The heat wave starts today and I have two boats but none ready. I have 1980's 18' 140hp I/O that needs a lot of interior work stringers, transom, floors, seats but the engine runs good but its useless for now

Comment

Its been in the upper 90's the past two days here in michigan and looks to be a nice weekend. I hope we can all get our boats done and in the water to enjoy this up comeing weekend. I got mine running ok but im now working on the jet drive hopeing that this will fix my problem with the boat not going fast or plaining out. Good luck to you both!

Comment

Thanks bro

Comment

mines in the water but not going anywhere for now. im in no hurry, gonna be plenty of nice days to use it when its done. still have to revinyl the seats and put new carpet in the bow. was 97 here yesterday and when i got home i was out riding my jetski for about an hour. i have a spare 90hp parts motor that was supposed to go with the other jet boat i just sold but the guy didnt want it. so i kept it and was gonne pull the flywheel from that one but all the magnets are off it and alot are broken and i cant get the damn thing to budge. it will run when i get the flywheel. i just have to be patient and wait to find the right one at a good price. and good luck to you also trail and thanks and everyone be safe on the water .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IM003001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	7044217

Comment

Well i got my boat on the water this weekend, and i cant belive how good shes running. The only bad problem is still it wont plain out and has no speed. Im at wits end what could be causeing this problem. I was thinking maybe i need to buy a new impeller and wear ring but i would hate to spend all that money and that not be the problem.

Comment

if you put a couple washers between the hull and rideplate where the 2 rear bolts are on the jet drive it will help plane it out a little quicker. do a search and you will find it .

Comment

Originally posted by Trailratethisfx4 View Post
                  Well i got my boat on the water this weekend, and i cant belive how good shes running. The only bad problem is still it wont plain out and has no speed. Im at wits end what could be causeing this problem. I was thinking maybe i need to buy a new impeller and wear ring but i would hate to spend all that money and that not be the problem.

If engine is runnig good. How does your jet impeller looks and, wear ring?. If your wear ring is damaged, you can restore it with chemical metal.

Comment

impeller looks great, i did the wear ring restor last week still the same problem. I went out last night and found the seal on the ride plate to be dryed out and cracked and it looks like exhaust might be pushing out of it from the corners and cause it to catch air. I think thats what it wont get up and go so i orderd a new seal for around the ride plate. Hope this works!

Comment

yeah that could do it , gettin cavitation throught the impeller from the seal leaking

Comment

Mine was pretty dry too and had some rips in the corner but after going bankrupt ordering ignition parts i ended up using some of the rv black rubbery sealer that comes in a roll with paper backing and so far so good.

On another note my cdi box is still somewhere unknown to me after paying express shipping and ordering it on June 12
                        Note to all do not do business with Marine Supply Direct ! Bad taste in the mouth :-(

Comment

wow that sucks aksor. i orderd the parts monday night and every time i check the update status the date keeps pushing back...im pretty bummed i was hopeing to get these here to my house and put on so i can take the boat out this up coming weekend and hopefully be happy about all the money i have spent on getting this boat on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by aksor View Post
                            Mine was pretty dry too and had some rips in the corner but after going bankrupt ordering ignition parts i ended up using some of the rv black rubbery sealer that comes in a roll with paper backing and so far so good.

On another note my cdi box is still somewhere unknown to me after paying express shipping and ordering it on June 12
                            Note to all do not do business with Marine Supply Direct ! Bad taste in the mouth :-(

Comment

Working...
                            X