95 Bass Tracker, SJ 90 fuel bowl issue

khusson1

Seaman
So i have a fuel leak from my middle carb bowl. The nipple pulled out of the bowl. I can push it back in, but it still leaks. Any suggestions on how to fix it. Can i braze those metals??

calledinsick

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 95 Bass Tracker, SJ 90 fuel bowl issue

Had the same issue. Pushed the fitting back in and used a nail on the inside to flair the fitting. If you need anything else I would look at JB weld just make sure it is fuel resistant.

khusson1

Seaman

Im pretty sure i tried JB before, but there isnt a whole lotta space to put it. I guess ill just have to rig it up somehow. Im noticing a decrease in performance because of this issue and im not happy! Plus, gas leaking is never a good thing around an engine. Thanks for ur response, ill let u know how it turns out

calledinsick

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Try flairing the fitting from the inside. Take the bowl off, push the fitting all the way in, then take a nail and drive it into the fitting from the 'inside the bowl' side. You may need another hand to hold everything in place. Then make sure the fuel line is long enough it doesn't put stress on it.

khusson1

Seaman

I tried flaring the fitting from the inside. Wasnt happening. So i jb welded the outside and a little on the inside... With a touch of superglue gel for good measure. Hopefully it holds. Still debating on trying to braze it. I dont wanna ruin it though. Ill throw it back on and see how it does