How much is this worth? 2007 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO

Norboo

Cadet
How much is this worth? How do I go about buying a used PWC? Wha to lookout for? Can used PWC be financed?

2007 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO

- Like New, Only 34.6 hours
- One Owner
- Stored inside year-round
- Brand New Battery
- Top speed over 60 MPH
- Color is Metallic Marine Blue
- Includes a Yamaha cover
- Comes with a 2007 LoadRite Trailer

Specifications & Highlights:
1 to 3 people | 4 Cylinder, 4-Stroke Engine | 160 HP | 18.5 Gallons Fuel Capacity with best fuel economy in its class | Fuel Consumption Meter | Adjustable Steering | 26.4 Gallons Storage | Reverse |
Low RPM / Security Mode | Multifunction Instrumentation Panel | Remote Transmitter | Tow Hook | Cruiser Seat | Pull-Up Cleats | Reboarding Step | Compass | Watertight Storage | Chrome Accents |
Dual Mirrors | Off-Thottle Steering (OTS)

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: How much is this worth? 2007 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO

Sounds like a nice ski with very low hours. I have the same model. The Cruiser version is the top model and comes with a few more electronic features, a different seat, pop up cleats, etc.. Top speed will not be over 60 mph........more like 58 mph on a gps (although the speedometer may say more). Its a very stable easy to ride ski that performs well in rough water. Good family ski that can tow a tube, wakeboarder, etc.. Very reliable, and pretty easy to maintain yourself.

I'd say absolute maximum price I'd pay would be $7000 if the ski and trailer is in perfect shape. Subtract $3-$500 or more if it has been used in salt water, has scratches or other damage, or any signs of rust/corrosion inside or out. If its in great shape $6500 or less would be a very good deal.

The only way to really check that ski out is to ride it. It should hit 10000 rpms at full speed and around 58 mph on a gps in smooth water (speedometer may be 5 mph off, which is common for any ski). If it hits 10000 rpms and goes 58 mph with the throttle pinned then you know the motor and pump are in good shape. You can do a compression check, but it is is a waste of time if you do the above ride test (compression on this engine should be close to or over 200 psi per cylinder). Take a flashlight and look inside and outside for signs of corrosion..........should be none. Pull the air cover off and look at the air filter for any signs of oil. Very common problem is overfilling the oil on this model which will put oil on the air filter (new air filter is $100). Check service record........oil should have been changed at 10 hours. That is about it.

As for financing, my rule is never finance a toy........pay cash or wait until I have cash. I have no idea if you could get a loan. I'd say a home equity line would be the best way to go if you have to finance.