no spark on 98 seadoo spx 787..

sebas1585

Recruit
ok am going nuts. i boght the ski 2 years ago and it broke 1 year ago i filled the engine comparment with water from going under waves. it ran for one more day after that and never turned on again. all the electronics where shot. just my luck. well i took all the electronics out and the engine. i cleaned everything and checked compression on both cylinders. the water did not get past the bottom of the engine. i just had enogh money to start buying the parts i boght all the rear electrical box. the main wire harnes, the whole front box with the mpem with only 40 hours on it i also boght a buzzer because mine was shot from the day i boght the ski. i boght a new battery and charged it up. i put everything back and tryed to start it it turns over but no spark at all i get two beeps when i put the dess key in. and when i do the advanced check i get two short beeps two. am going crazy with this thing. i have a shop manual and have done the ohm check on the stator and the pick up coil they both ohm out ok.

sebas1585

Recruit
Re: no spark on 98 seadoo spx 787..

ok update i put a test light on the white wire that goes to the coil and it lights up as i hit the start button. but nutting i think my coil is bad. i put my multimeter on the two spades on the coil and i read .07 ohm. are they supposed to be common like they are now maybe thats my problem i cant find anywhere on the shop manual where it says anything about that any help would be appreciated.

frozenokie

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: no spark on 98 seadoo spx 787..

Have you checked the 5A fuse? Also, after filling your ski up with water, you might want to make sure the fuel siphon is cleared of water, and therefore, have no water in your fuel tank also. At least these things are what my shop manual tells me for a 1997 787 SPX.